1. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    First, I have to say, every Pop show I saw had no lack of crowds. But it is a good question. I think Pop may have been doomed from the start. I think everything about it was forced. I don't think the record was finished. I think they booked the tour too quickly and consequently everything had a tight deadline, and we all know how deadlines and U2 go together (see... every record since Pop ) I think while The Claw for 360 was massive, it still wasn't as indulgent as the Pop stage and made it easier for them to be looser and deviate (look how much NLOTH was gone as the tour moved on because they weren't restricted by the stage/screens/content... I don't know. I'm just blowing smoke... I'm sure we all have an opinion on this one. As one who witnessed, I thought it was brilliant live...
    I remember in Phoenix, some DJs at at a middle of the road rock station, basically being confused by Pop and saying it was a dance record. I just think U2 lost a lot of casuals with that album & tour. Ones who had been on the bandwagon since JT.
  2. Originally posted by birdman987:How freakin' smart am I? My Genius 'Ultraviolet' edits.

"The lyrics of the song, in first person, and it’s association with the character Mr Macphisto refers to the performance style of Ed Wynn’s character The Perfect Fool made in 1921, who was famous for acting as an ambivalent clown, and navigating through story arch’s through the use of monologues."

"The song is reminiscent of the story of Ed Wynn’s rise to fame, who became a clown on the suggestion of his baby son Keenan Wynn, who then went on to star in various plays, some self-written and successful screen performances, such as with comedy legends The Three Stooges."
    You are freaking smart, dude. Thanks for enlighting us!
  3. Originally posted by DesertDog:[..]
    I remember in Phoenix, some DJs at at a middle of the road rock station, basically being confused by Pop and saying it was a dance record. I just think U2 lost a lot of casuals with that album & tour. Ones who had been on the bandwagon since JT.
    Exactly. Bandwagon JT, confused by AB, but hung in there once they heard One (and decided it would be their wedding song. ) and then just couldn't wrap their heads around Pop.
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Exactly. Bandwagon JT, confused by AB, but hung in there once they heard One (and decided it would be their wedding song. ) and then just couldn't wrap their heads around Pop.
    So it sounds like maybe it was the genre of music rather than anything else that allowed NLOTH to support such a huge tour as even though it was supposed to be experimental it had a lot of the sounds you'd expect in a u2 album whereas pop was very different.
  5. I just saw photos of Justin Bieber main-staging the RDS arena in Dublin. Where is the mind bleach?
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    So it sounds like maybe it was the genre of music rather than anything else that allowed NLOTH to support such a huge tour as even though it was supposed to be experimental it had a lot of the sounds you'd expect in a u2 album whereas pop was very different.
    Good question. Not sure if it's because it's Monday, but I can't give a solid answer to this.
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    LOL ...when Pop came out I was 26 and still chewing...bubblegum

Still the best thing about the Popmart tour was I Will Follow after Mofo
  8. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]

9. Originally posted by BigGiRL:[..]

That version of IWF was amazing! So much energy.
  10. why people put women with huge breasts in the thumbnail of some videos of the last tour?
  11. Clickbait, pretty tacky.
  12. I removed the youtube video, as it's not appropriate.