1. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:I went looking.
    I went looking for spirit, found alcohol...
    Went looking for soul, and I bought some style...
    I wanted to meet God, but you sold me religion.

Fuck I love that.
    amazing... it was the best tour...
  2. Ordinary Love is still in the Spotify top 10! How are they forgetting about their biggest hit in 10 years......
  3. Is it really?! Maybe they should trot it out as a tour regular next year. I'd be cool with that.
  4. I Will Follow from the U218 deluxe edition is mega.
  5. Is that from 1981-03-06 Boston? If so, that whole show is mindblowing.
  6. Listening to NLOTH again and thinking about how different the "tone" of that album is from the atmosphere of the 360 tour that followed it.

Don't get me wrong, I love 360 and especially liked how they opened with four NLOTH songs to start the show in 2009. But when I first listened to the album - and even now, too - I never would have expected the tour that followed to feature a gigantic "claw" spaceship...
  7. Originally posted by bpt3:Listening to NLOTH again and thinking about how different the "tone" of that album is from the atmosphere of the 360 tour that followed it.

Don't get me wrong, I love 360 and especially liked how they opened with four NLOTH songs to start the show in 2009. But when I first listened to the album - and even now, too - I never would have expected the tour that followed to feature a gigantic "claw" spaceship...
    I think that is why i still go to see U2 live in concert after all these years of following the band. Live is really where this band is at. I saw 7 360 shows and loved every moment of them. I had a bit of doubt about the SOI tour at first night London. I need not have had such trepidation as another 5 shows followed. I hope that even if the next album may not be a grabber that the tour will be.
  8. Originally posted by ELIZIUM:[..]
    I think that is why i still go to see U2 live in concert after all these years of following the band. Live is really where this band is at. I saw 7 360 shows and loved every moment of them. I had a bit of doubt about the SOI tour at first night London. I need not have had such trepidation as another 5 shows followed. I hope that even if the next album may not be a grabber that the tour will be.
    Couldn't agree more. I said it in another thread, but there are a number of songs on that album that would even lend themselves well to a THEATRE tour let alone a giant stadium.