1. For a long time we did have a tool that scanned your harddrive for u2 bootlegs. The purpose of that tool was to sync your 'u2start' collection profile with what you actually have. Quick and easy.

The version online before tonight was Windows-only. Now I have rewritten it to make it work on all major platforms *.

Also we have had an 'export to excel' function for a long time! These 2 tools make it easier to manage your bootleg collection. Quickly see shows you dont have in the Catalogue and see the shows you do have in a nice Excel sheet!

Have a look at:

Catalogue

Windows

Ubuntu Linux 10.10

* All platforms that are supported by Oracle Java 1.6, earlier versions of Java may or may not be supported. You can install / update Java at: http://www.java.com/
  2. Hmm, I don't see it on my Mac?
  3. Hmm i dont have a Mac to test with! Will try under linux
  4. Works fine under Ubuntu 10.10. I am no Mac expert, but have you updated Java?

To be clear: you have to click 'Scan my pc for bootlegs' on the Catalogue. It is visible when you login, after the click you get the second screenshot.
  5. I have the latest version of Java. I'll try some other browsers...
  6. I can't see that button in Safari, Firefox, or Chrome

I'll have to do this manually.
  7. If the scanner doesn't detect a bootleg that you already have marked, will it delete it from your collection? I don't have every bootleg on my hard disk, I use to burn them to DVDs/CDs and then erase them from my HD...
  8. No its a one way sync. Can only add things to your collection

9. Will check it on Mac if i can find one
  10. i can't see the "scan my pc for bootlegs" link...
  11. You should see it on the catalogue page, as can be seen in the first screenshot of this post.

Also you should be logged in before you can see it
  12. both aren't working for me..