1. 14 years of NLOTH! Wow. One of my favorites. It'd be nice if the band went back to Fez to recapture some of the magic that resulted in some brilliant songs. The solo in Unknown Caller is probably my favorite Edge solo as well.

2. I also just wanted to say that it irks me to this day that the band elected to choose the album cover they did (with the album being named what it is) when the original photographer of that picture also has THIS picture in the same collection:
  3. Originally posted by iamcrazytonight:14 years of NLOTH! Wow. One of my favorites. It'd be nice if the band went back to Fez to recapture some of the magic that resulted in some brilliant songs. The solo in Unknown Caller is probably my favorite Edge solo as well.
    🍷
  4. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[image]
    I also just wanted to say that it irks me to this day that the band elected to choose the album cover they did (with the album being named what it is) when the original photographer of that picture also has THIS picture in the same collection:
    Seriously!!
  5. Originally posted by RattleandHum1988:[image]
    I also just wanted to say that it irks me to this day that the band elected to choose the album cover they did (with the album being named what it is) when the original photographer of that picture also has THIS picture in the same collection:
    Funny story: In 2007, I took a trip to California for a friend’s wedding, and spent a few days driving down the coast from San Francisco, down to Big Sur, and back to San Francisco before flying home. On my last day in SF, I spent some time in Golden Gate Park, and visited the de Young Museum. One of the exhibit’s was by a photographer I’d never heard of — Hitoshi Sugimoto. Let me tell you, I spent 3 hours exploring that exhibit, simply enchanted by his work. As a photographer, Sugimoto doesn’t just have a unique eye, but a unique vision.

Well, fast forward a couple of years, and how surprised was I to see one of Sugimoto’s photographs as the cover for the new U2 album! Beautiful.
  6. Originally posted by thefly07:I'll die believing that the best version of this is the Linear version. NLOTH could have been their best album, it's in there somewhere. Hoping Songs of Ascent takes the title.

Don't know if it had "best album" potential but is an album I'm very fond of and I think has matured well.As I've said many times before they should've stuck with the songs on tour,yeah I get that whole Achtung anniversary version of 360 and it was great but keep the No Line stuff in there.
    As for SOA I hope we get this at some point,I'd rather a new rock record though.
  7. Title change
  8. And only two new studio albums since then.
  9. Better than most band's output from their era try been a GnR or Cure fan a lot don't even bother and solely trade off past glories .
  10. I love the place of MoS during the Sphere shows. I think an EP of live NLOTH songs would be great.
  11. I think it’s so funny we “have to” update this thread title annually instead of just taking the number out altogether
  12. It was a mistake giving Eno/Lanois so much input into the Album as Co writers not disputing their work as producers but the album doesn't connect like previous ones , I kinda get the feeling McGuinness wasn't too keen on the idea as Eno made some comments about not get writing credits on ALTYCLB to which McGuinness said in the (U2 by U2 book) he couldn't possibly permit such a situation as their job was solely to produce the album .Overall it's a decent record but didn’t quite live up to expectations Boots derailed it from the start however Magnificent, Breathe ,Fez /Being Born and MOS are stand out songs.