1. I like your new avatar Ron. Now I insist that you keep this one until the end of the JT30 tour....

...or go back to using that one with Bono and Eddie Vedder.
  2. I've said before on this thread that NLOTH would've gone down better as a pair of EPs released in tandem (which was the original plan) than a single LP, an 'experimental' one and a more 'mainstream' one.

NLOTH, Moment of Surrender, Unknown Caller, Cedars, White As Snow, Fez, and one or two other songs as one EP; Breathe, Boots, Crazy, Stand Up Comedy, Magnificent, and one or two others (maybe NLOTH 2, which I prefer slightly more to the regular version) as another.

And on the topic of NLOTH having no good singles - on one hand, I can agree. None of the songs measured up to Beautiful Day, Elevation, Vertigo, or COBL in terms of sheer radio-friendliness (although I like all three NLOTH singles much better than Elevation). But on the other hand, Magnificent and Crazy are two of the U2 songs I most frequently hear on the radio, and not just within a year or two of their release - I continue to hear them. I still think that choosing Boots as lead single was a lazy attempt to recapture the fast, punky kickassery of Vertigo (say what you like about it, it's probably U2's only iconic big hit song I never get tired of, apart from Streets) when putting out Magnificent or No Line On the Horizon (or NLOTH 2, or perhaps Breathe) as lead would've made much more sense, and honestly might've changed the perception of the album.
  3. Originally posted by RUMMY:[..]
    I like your new avatar Ron. Now I insist that you keep this one until the end of the JT30 tour....

...or go back to using that one with Bono and Eddie Vedder.
    didn't you like Eddie jumping over Mickey?
    i will when the two together make a couple of concerts recovering Verona 93
  4. I like Magnificent & Unknown caller from this album. Apart from that i think it's a very poor album.
  5. NLOTH
    Magnificent
    MOS
    Breathe
    Cedars

These are the keepers for me. Everything else I could care less about.
  6. NLOTH, Fez and Cedars are gold. Everything else over produced beyond recognition. There were great great songs in the mix but the band chickened out in post production and butchered them. Especially Magnificient, Unknown Caller and MOS.
  7. Originally posted by germcevoy:NLOTH, Fez and Cedars are gold. Everything else over produced beyond recognition. There were great great songs in the mix but the band chickened out in post production and butchered them. Especially Magnificient, Unknown Caller and MOS.
    Agreed 100%.
  8. I still say listen on vinyl first, then judge.
  9. Ive listened to it on my vinyl. SOUNDS amazing. But doesn't change the quality of material for me.
  10. It takes diff'rent strokes to move the world...
  11. What's the difference with the vinyl? (and I listen to vinyl so I'm genuinely curious)