1. I do not understand the love for Magnificent. It is one of the most generic and forgettable songs on the album in my opinion.

2. and the same applies to COBL
  3. I understand where your coming from in that it's been played in all bar 2 gigs since it's release but it's one I never tire of hearing and live it has a great sound. It's also there last decent selling single and my favourite single (combined with stuck in a moment and walk on) since stay.
  4. So I've done the unthinkable and managed to get back into this album again. I decided to watch the linear DVD which is something I really enjoyed when NLOTH first came out. Then I decided to listen to the album from start to finish a few times and I now feel I've been over critical, or at least lacking in praise for some years, for tracks like Stand Up comedy, White as snow, fez-being born, and the title track itself. Boots is still a stretch for me but I didn't skip it and I've actually found myself enjoying the original version of I'll go crazy having not listened to it for so long. Cedars of Lebanon is another song I don't really get but I can listen to it. The other 4 Breathe, Moment Of Surrender, Magnificent and Unknown Caller I always liked and listened to anyway. So that makes it 9 out of 11 I now rate between decent and excellent. Now I've got to make a super human effort to get into October so it's not my least favourite album. There's a lot of tracks on there I never liked in the first place but maybe I'll see things differently giving it a chance. There's at least 4 or 5 I'm already into so that will help.
  5. i love this album, i love linear ,i love mr Anton Corbjin, i love the story of an incomplete album. It could be a great concept album but something happened, the project since the Morocco's journey in Fez i think was much bigger. But the songs we heard on the record and live are real fantastic. And the tour, the scene and stage were amazing. I was opening night in Barca, milan 1 and 2,Turin in 2010 august and Rome october 2010 with a sensational coreography created by u2place.com the dvd of linear is a dream.
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:So I've done the unthinkable and managed to get back into this album again. I decided to watch the linear DVD which is something I really enjoyed when NLOTH first came out. Then I decided to listen to the album from start to finish a few times and I now feel I've been over critical, or at least lacking in praise for some years, for tracks like Stand Up comedy, White as snow, fez-being born, and the title track itself. Boots is still a stretch for me but I didn't skip it and I've actually found myself enjoying the original version of I'll go crazy having not listened to it for so long. Cedars of Lebanon is another song I don't really get but I can listen to it. The other 4 Breathe, Moment Of Surrender, Magnificent and Unknown Caller I always liked and listened to anyway. So that makes it 9 out of 11 I now rate between decent and excellent. Now I've got to make a super human effort to get into October so it's not my least favourite album. There's a lot of tracks on there I never liked in the first place but maybe I'll see things differently giving it a chance. There's at least 4 or 5 I'm already into so that will help.
    I did the same a month ago and I felt the same. I never rejected it, but I kinda skipped it like their other stuff from Leave Behind to SOI. I came to the conclusion that it's a little masterpiece, not at level of their greatest ones, but compared with the post-Pop works, this album really stands out.
    If they only included Winter on it...

And yes, October deserves one more listening, trust me
  7. Originally posted by Bullet_Blue:[..]
    I did the same a month ago and I felt the same. I never rejected it, but I kinda skipped it like their other stuff from Leave Behind to SOI. I came to the conclusion that it's a little masterpiece, not at level of their greatest ones, but compared with the post-Pop works, this album really stands out.
    If they only included Winter on it...

And yes, October deserves one more listening, trust me
    If they only included Winter AND Soon AND Mercy, instead of Crazy, Boots, and SUC...easily would have been their best album of the post-Pop era.
  8. You gotta wonder if they kept Winter off because the intro sounded a lot like Viva La Vida, which turned out to be a MASSIVE hit.
  9. If good is the enemy of great, then this is a good album. It's a nice album, a very nice album.
  10. nloth a wonderful incompleted album, half concept, the tour was fantastic
  11. What if...they put out more early (I guess more meditative, like the rest of the album) versions of EBW and North Star on this instead of Crazy, GOYB and SUC...This album is such a piece of art except for these songs. I mean, they're not exceptional bad songs in concept, there are great melodies in these songs but they don't fit in.
  12. half of the album I don't even remember how it sounds... I really love Magnificent, I really like Moment of Surrender, Stand Up Comedy, No Line (sounds better live) and Unknown Caller, I like Boots (live) and Crazy Tonight (remix)... The rest I really don't remember how it sounds