2011-06-24 - Glastonbury
Tour: Various Dates
Songs played: 20
Audio recordings: 2
Videos: 1
  1. Bono wore the wrong shoes. And it was raining.
  2. Originally posted by bartajaxWhat didnt they liked about it? It wasnt there best show, but what did they thought went wrong?

Fucking up the first song isn't the best introduction Also, the Still Haven't Found and Vertigo (an others) versions were pretty poor.
  3. It was still a damn good show, I'm actually enjoying it ATM.
  4. Yes, that true but One, WOWY and The Fly were very good imo. But your right some songs during the show were very weak indeed (UTEOTW, MW, Elevation)
  5. I was thinking of Elevation and MW, yup. UTEOTW wasn't weak in my opinion, it just lacked some of its usual spark... But it alone was better than half of the show.
  6. I just went crazy running around on the second floor to UTEOTW from Glasto.
  7. They just missed all the extras(lights, moving bridges, etc.) they usually have with their shows.
  8. They were out of their comfort zone, things went wrong, the performances weren't up to scratch; although there was some good things that happened as well. It was only a good show, not brilliant, or very good... just good.
  9. Hard to top all the hype that wenton before the show, I suppose.
  10. atU2.com just posted an interview with Willie Williams about the anniversary of Achtung Baby. He talks of the original setlist for Glasto if it was held in 2010:

Had U2 played Glastonbury in 2010 the set list would have been quite different. In May of 2010, we spent a week in New York rehearsing the original Glastonbury set. My master plan was that U2 would walk onto the stage before dark and play half an hour of the biggest hits from their first incarnation: "Streets," "I Will Follow," "New Year's Day," "Still Haven't Found," "Pride" and "Bad." Most of these songs weren't in the 360 show at that time.

At the end of "Bad," by which time the audience would be lying on the floor unable to believe what they'd just witnessed, the stage would go dark, strange noises would happen and, as if blowing in from some other stage on the other side of the festival, the strains of The Ronnettes' "Be My Baby" would phase in and out. At which point, the industrial whine of the extended live intro of "Zoo Station" would kick in, followed by the first half hour of the Zoo TV show, including all the original video visuals playing on a host of video screens which had apparently appeared out of nowhere: "Zoo Station," "The Fly," "Real Thing," "Mysterious Ways" and "One."

At the end of "One," by which time the audience would be lying on the floor unable to believe what they'd just witnessed, there'd be a chunk of the big rave part of the 360 show: "City Of Blinding Lights," "Vertigo," "I'll Go Crazy" and "Sunday," before rounding out the main set by casually throwing in "Beautiful Day" and "Elevation."

I think I would have died. That sounds like the most amazing thing ever.
  11. They should have gone for it. Scratch the AB-commemorating stuff and do the show of your lives, start with Streets, go on with I Will Follow, end the main set with One, close the show with 40 and piss all over the haters' faces... Glasto was a one-off for U2 - and they chose the wrong option methinks. Although I still admire their decision of finishing with Out Of Control.
  12. I still think they killed it though. I'm still bitter that it was such crappy weather for U2 (and perfect for Coldplay. Damnit.) I think if it was nice, it would've made it that much better. Oh well, I still enjoyed it