1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Very good question. I think I wolnd't be THAT enthusiastic, but it's definitely one of the places I always wanted to visit. I mean, U2 have been with me since I was born (and even before) and I've grown with them AND with the dream of visiting their hometown... Just to reduce it at one sentence: In my opinion, U2 is an essential part of Dublin, and Dublin is an essential part of U2.

Well said.
  2. Well done Sergio! Been to Dublin loads of times myself, but I do advise going to Bray one day, that's a nice place, but not a place to stay at for a whole day. About a half an hour train journey there. Definitely go to Cork, that's a great place, I loved it. Although, as Joe said, it's about a 3 hour journey there. Maybe stop off at Cork for a night? The Guinness factory is a must too. Also, there is plenty of shops in Dublin too.

But from all the people on this site, you will have the time of your life, because it's a great place.
  3. To answer that question...

My strong desire to Ireland started before I found U2, but U2 made it a little bit stronger
  4. That's great Sergio!!! Good luck!

5. I agree,you'll go like I did cos of the a celebration video but it's an eerie,moody and thought provoking place to visit.

also as has been said do the guiness brewery.

I'd recommend getting on the open top bus which you can hop on and off for a flat fee.it takes you alll round Dublin city centre.

and obviously hanover quay and windmill lane

6. Lucky man one day I will get my arse in gear and travel. Ireland will be one such port of call.
  7. There's just one thing missing in your trip Sergio: An U2 concert

But, I always wanted to go to Dublin and can't see this happening in a near future so enjoy it for me and have a great time! I'm sure you'll love it!

Oh, post some pics here later pleeease
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:I think there was already a "Trip to Dublin" (or similar) topic, but I can't search it from my mobile phone, and I sincerely can't wait to post this.

After all this years, my dream is gonna come true.

I'm going to travel to Dublin from July 27th to August 2nd.

Fuck hell yeah

Great! Is it just Dublin or could your plan expand a bit when you get there? If it's Dublin, then Kilmainham gaol, Guinness brewery, the bus tour of the city, Trinity College library (the Book of Kells), the Temple Bar. Well, much of that was said already

As for U2, well, there are too many things to mention. Atu2.com has a full page dedicated to U2's Dublin, you can find it here: http://www.atu2.com/dublin/dublin-guide.html

Have a great time there!
  9. Thank you all again!!
    I'm gathering lots and lots of information, thanks a lot thefly202005 for the @U2 guide, I didn't know that one
    I know, Aidan, I know... But that's not my fault: it's Principle Management's one. If they don't add Dublin dates I can't do anything
  10. Cedarwood Road 10, Ballymun .. Bethlehem of U2 religion
  11. It is really worth to visit Cliffs of Moher at the western coast, Giant's causeway at the north and the ring of Kerry in the south-west.
    If you rent a car you can make easily one-day trips and visit them and other nice cities like Cork, Galway, Kilkenny, Derry, Limerick.
    Belfast is not so nice but its atmosphere is more than interesting. If you go there don't miss to see the wall with the graffities.
    If you don't want to go so far away from Dublin you can go to Howth, Malahide, Drogheda, Slane or Bray. These villages are 30-45 minutes far from Dublin Pearse.
    In Dublin I can recommend the Castle, Grafton Street, St Stephen'd Green, The Spire, The National Gallery, The Dockland, the Christ Church Catedral, the Temple Bar and of course the coast and Bono's house in Killiney.

Have fun!