1. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    General tourist stuff (much is U2 related too)
    Kilmainham Gaol
    Both Cathedrals (specially Christ Church)
    Guinness Storehouse
    Trinity College
    Walk around Temple Bar having a pint on each pub you see. I dare you.
    Croke Park
    Phoenix Park
    Stroll down the Liffey, from the docks to the west (until Ha'penny bridge at least)

To the south: Dun Laoghaire, Bray and Killiney (not proper Dublin but you can't miss them)
    To the north: Howth, Malahide (same as above)

Purely U2 fan stuff
    HQ
    Windmill Lane knocked down
    Point Depot
    East Link Bridge
    Bonavox Store
    The Clarence (included on the Temple Bar drinking challenge)
    Little Museum Of Dublin (not worth seeing other than for its U2 memorabilia)
    Fitzwilliam Square (The Sweetest Thing)
    Dandelion Market

I'm probably missing something essential but that should get you sorted for a while

Kilmainham Gaol is U2 related as well.
  2. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    General tourist stuff (much is U2 related too)
    Kilmainham Gaol
    Both Cathedrals (specially Christ Church)
    Guinness Storehouse
    Trinity College
    Walk around Temple Bar having a pint on each pub you see. I dare you.
    Croke Park
    Phoenix Park
    Stroll down the Liffey, from the docks to the west (until Ha'penny bridge at least)

To the south: Dun Laoghaire, Bray and Killiney (not proper Dublin but you can't miss them)
    To the north: Howth, Malahide (same as above)

Purely U2 fan stuff
    HQ
    Windmill Lane knocked down
    Point Depot
    East Link Bridge
    Bonavox Store
    The Clarence (included on the Temple Bar drinking challenge)
    Little Museum Of Dublin (not worth seeing other than for its U2 memorabilia)
    Fitzwilliam Square (The Sweetest Thing)
    Dandelion Market

I'm probably missing something essential but that should get you sorted for a while
    Cedarwood Road?
  3. Cedarwood Road is up on the North Side, Glasnevin/Ballymun, quite a walk / ride on bus, so it takes some time to go there and back to city centre.
    Mount Temple School up in Clontarf also takes a little time to go to, consider this if you have only one day altogether

plus watch out for the feud going on north side for weeks, not too safe with daylight fading.
  4. Haha, many thanks folks!

I'm not too bothered about U2 stuff, more about discovering the city for the first time. I'll have a look through the long list of things to do and see what I can narrow it down to as I certainly won't have time to do it all!
  5. Originally posted by iTim:Haha, many thanks folks!

I'm not too bothered about U2 stuff, more about discovering the city for the first time. I'll have a look through the long list of things to do and see what I can narrow it down to as I certainly won't have time to do it all!
    Kilmainham is a good one. The only touristy bit I ever enjoyed. Plus a but of U2 history included in the prison.

A tour of Croke always great as well.

Otherwise I just pub crawl.

6. Thanks for the advice. But since we'll have 5 days I think we'll still go and see it.
  7. Good deal. 5 days... Nice! My suggestion was more if you were there for only 1-2 days.