1. Originally posted by MacStripey:2 days?!? lol over-excitement, anyone? (totally understandable though)

right on O'Connell Street, Sergio, there is the Tourist Information Office -- walk in there, they give you ALL the info you can possible get for ANY trip inside and outside Dublin. Really. You get all questions asked, get free maps of the city and surroundings, and you can book all trips right there. Very friendly folks there.

LOL, I had written 21 but then I realized it is actually 22 days, and erased the 1, and then forgot to write the other 2 hahaha

EXCELLENT info about that T. I. Office. Thanks a lot as usual, K

2. This question is like :

Would you be interested in Dublin if there were no buildings ?

Dublin owns U2, actually the Irish culture do.
  3. Wow I was freaking out thinking you were coming here in two days and I'd be at Oxegen for your trip

Dublin to Slane buses: http://www.collinscoaches.ie/dublin.html
    Don't know too much about them really, just did a quick search.
  4. hi, just got back from 4 days in dublin as saw the script in the aviva, amazing gig and i think they were making a dvd as there were loads of cameras.

tips to help you.....

10 euro airlink (green) bus from directly outside the airport to all city centre locations.

use the dart train to get a bit further afield, cheap and regular service and not crowded at all.

look around for restauraunts as some are quite pricey.

temple bar is amazing as is the guinness museum and the tourist bus takes you to all locations and the furthest stop is kilmaon... jail where a celebration video was filmed.

see the bonavox hearing aid shop in the centre.

if you go to howth on the dart you can also go to malahide but change at howth junction as you have to double back on yourself.

hope this helps. if you want to know anything else pm me. enjoy its a great city.
  5. Originally posted by LikeASong:Hi everyone again

It's just 2 days until I'm sat on a MAD>DUB plane, and I can't help bumping my own topic just for the sake of it... I'm so excited

Does somebody know if there's direct buses (touristic or not) to the Slane and Moydrum castles? I know they're both 40~50 kms away from Dublin but we might dedicate an evening for visiting them - but only if there's direct train or bus connection.

There is a direct bus to SLane, but from the village you have to walk a bit to the Castle

No direct bus to Moydrum castle as far as I know, we drove there via some backroads
    It's not really a castle anymore, more some walls, but it's off course the special feeling you get there, think it's near Athlone correct? Best is indeed to visit some tourist office.
  6. Thank you Peter, Alan and Joe... Very appreciated I will PM you sometime soon, Alan, your extremely-recent experience might be very very interesting to me!!
  7. no problem, i'll help with anything i can. you can't go wrong its an amazing place.

incidentally, i was talking to one of the security guys at the script and he was a big u2 fan. he said there were rumours that one of the claws was going to be placed in pheonix park and also rumours of a free show.....only hearsay though.
  8. I had the idea of putting the Claw in the Phoenix Park years ago
  9. Sergio - excellent mate. You'll have a ball!

I'm going this weekend for a stag party - should be bars and clubs only for me!
  10. just crossed my mind -- I'm sure you'll seek out Hard Rock Cafe in Temple Bar (don't miss the ZooTV car in the entrance and Bono's lyrics and sunglasses displayed on the left side of the ground floor area).... well, right across the street from Hard Rock Cafe you'll find the ThunderRoad Cafe -- you MUST NOT miss this!! best food in Temple Bar plus so many cool things displayed and the best music played (lots of U2, yeah).... just try it out. Great atmosphere. Highly recommended. Spent some of the best times there, eating too much for sure...... btw, that's the place I spent the night of the soccer world cup final with a friend and saw Spain win the cup last summer
  11. Have a blast Sergio, and if you don't come back with so many pictures I'll have your head. Always wanted to visit over to Dublin- give the band all of our best wishes and spirit!
  12. TIp: Let me be your guide in there! Lol

There's also a place to eatvery chip. It's crossing the Ha'penny bridge from Temple Bar to the other side of the river...I think the place is called Food Hall and it's a group of cheap buffets and fast food that share the same place to eat. There's a kebap, a typical fish and chips, a chicken spot and the place I ate so many times, a greek buffet that's quite well.

About U2 you know all the things you should...Of course we MUST go to Mount Temple, K.Gaol...
    Don't be worry, we're going to visit all the VIP (Very Important Places) LOL