1. Oh yes, I just read your answer. It's bedtime here. I follow them for years since their start in the early 80's actually. Are Mike Scott and his bandmates so populair in the States? Some new songs are hard to listen. But yes I played a lot of the album this week. "Morning came to Soon" is also a nice tune.
  2. Originally posted by maartenpetra:[..]

Oh yes, I just read your answer. It's bedtime here. I follow them for years since their start in the early 80's actually. Are Mike Scott and his bandmates so populair in the States? Some new songs are hard to listen. But yes I played a lot of the album this week. "Morning came to Soon" is also a nice tune.
    Not quite as popular here, but he has his hardcore following. I really love the single.

Have you read his book? Good stuff.
  3. No I didn't. But he's such a good writer. Look at most of his well written songs.
  4. Check out the book. Great stories!

Great songwriter. Always evolving.
  5. Yes indeed. I will do. I like his new single too. But for me is "This is the Sea" his best work. One of the best albums of the 80's. Same as "The Joshua Tree" for U2. But o.k. it's more than 30 years back. Now I'm hearing "The Pan Within/Because the Night" Live with Patti Smith. Such a great song.
  6. Sorry, it's not with Patti Smith, but it's a PS song.
  7. Originally posted by maartenpetra:Yes indeed. I will do. I like his new single too. But for me is "This is the Sea" his best work. One of the best albums of the 80's. Same as "The Joshua Tree" for U2. But o.k. it's more than 30 years back. Now I'm hearing "The Pan Within/Because the Night" Live with Patti Smith. Such a great song.
    This Is The Sea and Fisherman's Blues. He does an incredible version of Purple Rain on "Live Adventures of the Waterboys" release...
  8. I know, have it too. "The Pan Within/Because the Night" is from the same release. And those 2 incredable albums have such good extra songs on those re-releases.
  9. Originally posted by maartenpetra:I know, have it too. "The Pan Within/Because the Night" is from the same release. And those 2 incredable albums have such good extra songs on those re-releases.

The video for new single is great, too!