1. Great question, Kieran!

It's tough to get around the five singles (all great). For those who don't know, they are: Bullet With Butterfly WIngs, 1979, Zero, Tonight, Tonight, and Thirty-three. (By the way, if you were born in 1979, you would be 33 right now!) As I approach middle age, I must admit BWBW and Zero don't have as great an impact on me as they used to. Still classics, though.

My five favourite non-singles would be Muzzle, Porcelina of the Vast Oceans, Thru The Eyes of Ruby, Bodies, and...Stumbleine. There are many other great songs on the two-discs but, admittedly, there are also a few clunkers.

Set The Ray to Jerry is an AWESOME (1979) b-side, as is the Tonite Reprise.

There's a great bootleg from Germany 1996 that features most of these songs. It's called "We Salute You Naked Man." There's another excellent recording from Vancouver 1997. Just go to spfc.com and do a little navigating.
  2. Ah, good. I was looking for some SP bootlegs actually. Thanks!
  3. Get the DVD rip from the 1993 Metro (Chicago) show - it's great. Awesome setlist for that era. Other great ones include:
    1993 Manchester (BBC broadcast)
    1998 Atlanta
    2000 (early in the year) Chicago
    2000 (late in the year) Chicago (United Centre - second to last show)
    2012 Rock in Rio (Portugal)

I also converted the 2007 Pinkpop shows from youtube to mp3 just the other day. Pretty solid setlist and it sounds great. I'd be happy to pass it along to you (although I've yet to split the tracks).
  4. UK Tour announced (YEESSS!!!)

Manchester Academy (July 1)
    Glasgow O2 Academy (July 2)
    London Wembley Arena (July 22)

Glasgow, here we come! With Bon Jovi the day after. Not bad.
  5. Nice, Kieran!

I wonder if you'll get stuck having to listen to Oceania from front to back for the first half of the show like I did.

Not a format I recommend - unless the new album is titled Acthung Baby.(and even U2 stopped after 8 songs).
  6. I'm just here to say that I'm obsessed with this band at the moment. Utterly obsessed.

Downloaded, because Corgan likes to charge massive amounts, the Aeroplane Flies High box set and that live album is superb.
  7. Good. They were great.

I'm a little disappointed, however, that you didn't come to me first. I'd be happy to hook you up with some stuff.
  8. I discovered Bullet with Butterfly Wings today. Not a bad tune
  9. Discovered late 93, saw once in February 1994. Great band, especially SD and MCATIS
  10. Originally posted by RUMMY:Good. They were great.

I'm a little disappointed, however, that you didn't come to me first. I'd be happy to hook you up with some stuff.
    Hmm, what do you have?
  11. Obviously I'm sure you can get it all quite easily on your own ($$$ or not) but I have everything from 1991 to 2000 along with the remasters of Gish, SD, MCIS, and TAFH. I never bothered with the Adore as I'm not a huge fan of it. I do have some CD singles from that album thus giving me a few additional bsides.

In terms of live stuff, I ripped the Metro '93 show that came with the Siamese Dream reissue to mp3. It's a pretty solid show. Vancouver 1997 and Chicago (United Centre) 2000 are essential imho. Scroll a few post back (from two years ago!) where I made a few other recommendations.
  12. Originally posted by KieranU2:UK Tour announced (YEESSS!!!)

Manchester Academy (July 1)
    Glasgow O2 Academy (July 2)
    London Wembley Arena (July 22)

Glasgow, here we come! With Bon Jovi the day after. Not bad.
    Did you end up going to any of these shows?