1. Wasn't Bono going after Larry back in the early days when Edge dropped him with a punch?
  2. That is correct.

Bono, by his own admission, has long been a giant PITA to work with. High standards, big temper. It sounds like he's mellowed out though (if we believe his memoir).
  3. remember when bono got angry at that guy holding a mobile phone - was it on the vertigo tour? - and went into a right old tirade at him

bono really embarrassed himself there sounding like some upset dad

it's fair to surmise that when he is out of the darling media spotlight he can be a little crabby
  4. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:remember when bono got angry at that guy holding a mobile phone - was it on the vertigo tour? - and went into a right old tirade at him

it's fair to surmise that when he is out of the darling media spotlight he can be a little crabby
    Based on one time? :")
  5. i guess i was just highlighting that he can be a bit of a diva at times - goes with the self-ordained god-complex that he has hinted at especially throughout the POP period

and 'a little bit crabby' is not that much of a criticism really - we're all guilty of that

especially me
  6. He admits it himself. I love the anecdote in Surrender and in the shows about him getting pissed at everyone, grabbing Edge's guitar and that leading to IWF.
  7. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:remember when bono got angry at that guy holding a mobile phone - was it on the vertigo tour? - and went into a right old tirade at him

Ya and 4 years later, "take out your phones. I see the milky way, little green planet over there" lol
  8. I witnessed Bono smack a guy at the 1 May 2001 show in Minneapolis. For some reason he jumped into the seats behind the stage during Mysterious Ways and got into some type of a tussle with an audience member. It looked like this person would not let go of Bono. Once he broke free he jumped back up and smacked the guy. He then immediately apologizes. You can hear this in the audio recording from the show.
  9. Originally posted by podiumboy:I wish we could see a chart of how many times Bono has made a mistake during a performances vs Edge, Larry and Adam. I’m sure Bono makes some sort of mistake at nearly every gig, whereas for Larry it’s pretty rare. Drop a stick here, miss a count there. Shit happens, doubt the audience really cares.

I sort of agree, but there's a subtle timing mistake all the time... that if you don't pay strict attention to, you won't notice it. Lyric mistakes or singing at the wrong time are the easiest to identify. And there really has to be a Bono clause. This is a man who forgets lyrics to instrumentals, lyrics to barbeque sauce, and once fumbled and bumbled the lyrics to Happy Birthday of all songs. If you have a teleprompter for Happy Birthday, and still get it wrong, you just have a problem.
  10. Lol. Singer mistakes are easier to identify than other band members. Also a lot of 'wrong" lyrics are improvised.
  11. Originally posted by TheRealEdge:remember when bono got angry at that guy holding a mobile phone - was it on the vertigo tour? - and went into a right old tirade at him

If you need a phone out in Bonos face for SBS, you should get a 'tirade".
    What did you make of SF rant in 1987 ?
  12. LOL that was a classic misstep. Yelling about Sinn Fein when they were in San Fran..his heart was in the right place, bless him