1. Just saw Arcade Fire. It was fantastic, they're even more beautiful live.

2. Lucky you I've only heard good things about them live.

3. Yeah I saw Arcade Fire last year in Werchter it was amazing
  4. Probably gonna go see Arctic Monkeys in November. Been discussing it with friends a lot lately

Otherwise I have nothing planned. Kinda wanted to see Kings of Leon but the price really put me off!.
  5. After Arcade Fire I also saw one of my favorite bands - TV On The Radio. I listen to them since their brilliant album 'Dear Science' and was disappointed because they were let to play only for one hour. But they were great and unexpectedly loud and intense.

After that a saw Grinderman, new Nick Cave band. Well, that was the most intense show I ever saw. I believe that even Foo Fighters would run away scared of this guys.

Brilliant show, really.

The guy next to Nick Cave is the most crazy guitar player I ever saw.
  6. Originally posted by Yogi:After Arcade Fire I also saw one of my favorite bands - TV On The Radio. I listen to them since their brilliant album 'Dear Science' and was disappointed because they were let to play only for one hour. But they were great and unexpectedly loud and intense.

After that a saw Grinderman, new Nick Cave band. Well, that was the most intense show I ever saw. I believe that even Foo Fighters would run away scared of this guys.

Brilliant show, really.

[image]

The guy next to Nick Cave is the most crazy guitar player I ever saw.

Warren Ellis! He's out of control fantastic. Grinderman are insanely good live, as is Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, but Grinderman take it to a whole other level of intense.
  7. Gonna See This Year (so far..)

Limp Bizkit (next monday)
    The Big 4 - Metallica/slayer/megadeth/Anthrax -Juli 2.
    Foo Fighters - 23rd August
    Hatebreed - 24. August
    Volbeat - 12 November
    Machine Head - 30 November
    Rammstein - 6. December

8. Bought my ticket to Damien Leith's July show - can't wait for that, wasn't sure whether I should go and then given I've all the albums and most of the singles, it's a no-fuckin' brainer. Should be a nice mix between originals and Roy Orbison covers (as he's just put out a Roy tribute album).

Meat Loaf has been confirmed for October 19 here as well, so I shall be getting my ticket to that in the pre-sales on Thursday, as close to the front row as possible. Really hoping he does a few of the nice rockers from Bat 3, some Dead Ringer and some Neighbourhood tunes as well - and it'll also be the new album tour, so we'll get to hear a few new songs for the first time.

As for that blues band I earlier wrote about on the first page, it was actually just Matt Taylor from Chain. Superb harmonica player - one of the finest Australian players I've ever had the absolute pleasure to sit down with (got a signed CD with my name on it!) and have a chat as well as hear him play and sing. He was about two hours late due to the Perth ash-cloud; so we got a fantastic guitarist named Chris Finnen. I felt lucky to be less than five metres away from him, he was that fucking good.

Also hoping Alice makes a tour stop-off some time in the next few months rather than just being at Soundwave unless I can get cheap tickets somehow.
  9. Finally stirred myself out of hermit-hood and went out for some music Friday night. We saw local band Charlie Mayfair (highly recommended) and Melbourne indie-folk band Skipping Girl Vinegar who are launching their new album. Had a great night. SGV are so much fun.

10. Saw 30 Seconds to Mars at Prague City Festival on Thursday. You may think they are a band for teenage girls but I am loving them at the moment. They played with great energy and I would love to see them again, Jared Leto is an amazing frontman. Too bad he was sick and you could hear he was having problems, I enjoyed the show nonetheless.
  11. saw bon jovi yesterday at hard rock calling in hyde park and have to say it was average. started well but lost its way half way through the set, picked up in the encore though. i thought the sound mix was off from where we were. not as good as when i'd seen them previously but still a great live act.
  12. I thought I'd bump this awesome topic to say the next two I'm off to see.

October 7th - Suzi Quatro (five rows from the front!)
    October 19th - Meat Loaf (no idea where I'll be seated)

As for that also, probably a few other bands I'll see in little bars and things over time between now and the rest of the year I'm sure. By the way, Damien Leith (as I put in my last post) was fantastic. Did the good mix of Roy tunes and some originals and other covers including Hallelujah - and a standing ovation, and got to meet him too.

His support act, Jess Chalker was great. Did about eight songs, all acoustic and voice and was a lovely girl too, got to meet here and get a record signed.