1. Indeed. Very good times. My story is nearly the same

2. Very fortunate I was fifteen when The Joshua Tree came out. It was an amazing time to be a fan. I loved Walk to the Water and still do. Agree that With or Without You is U2's best single release ever...hands down.
  3. 100% agreed. No other single comes close, what a trio.
  4. Originally posted by KenScott:Great one. Snippet also played in the very end of If You Wear That Velvet Dress at the Paris Popmart Show only a few hours after Princess Diana lost her life in a car accident in the same City.
    Oh wow, this isn't listed. Very nice find, thanks. It's the 4th known snippet of Walk To The Water!

5. Agree. One of the best singles ever belong to the album togeher with Sweetest Thing. With a slight twist of the running order, this is the perfect Joshua Tree - to me:

Where the streets have no name
    I still haven’t found
    With or without you
    Luminous times
    Exit
    In God’s country
    Running to stand still
    Bullet the blue sky
    Red hill mining town
    Sweetest thing
    Trip through your wires
    Walk to the water
    One tree hill
    Mothers of the disappeared
  6. I like the JT b sides and outtakes but I wouldn’t change the album. I think adding anything would water down the quality. A lot of good, maybe even very good songs but not great, and sweetest thing on JT would have been an absolute travesty imo. Here’s a JT b side/outtakes album I made up that excludes a couple of the ones I’m not as keen on.

Luminous Times
    Walk To The Water
    Spanish Eyes
    Deep In The Heart
    Silver And Gold
    Race Against Time
    Beautiful Ghost/Introduction to Songs Of Experience
    Wave Of Sorrow
    Desert Of Our Love
    Rise Up