1. Anybody in Melbourne want to come see
    The U2 Show Achtung babies in October.
  2. Funny... I was just reading an article on MSN.com from the business insider on the 30 best-selling music artists of all time, ranked by platinum albums... U2 ranks at #20 with 16 platinum (12 of which are multi platinum, or diamond) which basically means, even what we (or they) consider to be the poorest efforts have all sold more than most bands ever dream of selling. (October and NLOTH both sold at least 1 million - a feat most bands would kill for)

The only album not to break a million was SOI, which is no surprise given it's delivery and the state of physical sales when it was released...
  3. I see Bono wears his claddagh ring facing opposite of the way it should face when you are married.. Does anyone know why he is wearing it this way?
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Funny... I was just reading an article on MSN.com from the business insider on the 30 best-selling music artists of all time, ranked by platinum albums... U2 ranks at #20 with 16 platinum (12 of which are multi platinum, or diamond) which basically means, even what we (or they) consider to be the poorest efforts have all sold more than most bands ever dream of selling. (October and NLOTH both sold at least 1 million - a feat most bands would kill for)

The only album not to break a million was SOI, which is no surprise given it's delivery and the state of physical sales when it was released...
    That's one of the things that kinda annoys me about SOI because even though most of us thought it was at least a decent album ( I thought it was very good) the sales look terrible and in years to come the fact they gave it away won't matter to people so it's basically ruined the consistency they had in big selling albums. Don't get me wrong I wasn't one of the people complaining about the free give away I just think it's a shame in terms of for records and statistics.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That's one of the things that kinda annoys me about SOI because even though most of us thought it was at least a decent album ( I thought it was very good) the sales look terrible and in years to come the fact they gave it away won't matter to people so it's basically ruined the consistency they had in big selling albums. Don't get me wrong I wasn't one of the people complaining about the free give away I just think it's a shame in terms of for records and statistics.
    Sales figures have been so watered down since the digital format, it's hard to say. Technically, itunes paid for the record to give it away, so you might say that those who downloaded could/should (and for all I know, may have) count as sales. And then there are still smaller mom & pop outlets that don't report to soundscan, so you don't know how many units are being lost out there... In time, it'll hit platinum and that will be all that matters.
  6. Originally posted by peatiedog:I see Bono wears his claddagh ring facing opposite of the way it should face when you are married.. Does anyone know why he is wearing it this way?
  7. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Sales figures have been so watered down since the digital format, it's hard to say. Technically, itunes paid for the record to give it away, so you might say that those who downloaded could/should (and for all I know, may have) count as sales. And then there are still smaller mom & pop outlets that don't report to soundscan, so you don't know how many units are being lost out there... In time, it'll hit platinum and that will be all that matters.
    Yeah well I hope it hits platinum like it deserves. Too good an album to be there lowest on sales. Will be interesting to see SOE sales figures, obviously depends on how they release that as well but I'd like to see it going number 1 at least.
  8. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    Yeah well I hope it hits platinum like it deserves. Too good an album to be there lowest on sales. Will be interesting to see SOE sales figures, obviously depends on how they release that as well but I'd like to see it going number 1 at least.
    #1 is another one of those things that doesn't hold the same weight it once did, either...