1. Who is Arran's husband?
  2. THANKS TO THE AUTHOR , ROME NIGHT 1 COMPLETE
  3. Just read the @U2 article -ON THE ROAD: U2, ROGER WATERS AND TRUMP. They couldn't be more right about them being two radically different concert tours. While both are critical of Trump, U2 does it rightfully and righteously. Sorry...

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    spoiler alert) I

I'm sure I'll offend Roger Waters acolytes, but for an anti-semite like Waters to be critical of someone else's hate machine... that's downright hypocrisy.

Bash me if you want. That's my take on it. If yours is different, then hey... we all have our hang-ups, right?
  4. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:Just read the @U2 article -ON THE ROAD: U2, ROGER WATERS AND TRUMP. They couldn't be more right about them being two radically different concert tours. While both are critical of Trump, U2 does it rightfully and righteously. Sorry...

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    spoiler alert) I

I'm sure I'll offend Roger Waters acolytes, but for an anti-semite like Waters to be critical of someone else's hate machine... that's downright hypocrisy.

Bash me if you want. That's my take on it. If yours is different, then hey... we all have our hang-ups, right?
    That's one of the things I love about u2 this tour is they've realised they need to approach it a certain way. They're encouraging and pointing towards the positive aspects of people's actions instead of focusing of the negatives they feel towards Trump. They've got a relatively short segment before exit which isn't over the top I don't feel and then they speak about the aids drugs, the girl from Syria who wants to come to the states, the women section. They've turned it more into a celebration of the good things about humanity and let the music alone in The Joshua Tree and pre Joshua Tree section speak for itself.
  5. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    That's one of the things I love about u2 this tour is they've realised they need to approach it a certain way. They're encouraging and pointing towards the positive aspects of people's actions instead of focusing of the negatives they feel towards Trump. They've got a relatively short segment before exit which isn't over the top I don't feel and then they speak about the aids drugs, the girl from Syria who wants to come to the states, the women section. They've turned it more into a celebration of the good things about humanity and let the music alone in The Joshua Tree and pre Joshua Tree section speak for itself.
    Even if they did an all out assault on Trump they wouldn't be hypocrites in doing so. Unless they were bashing him for being rich, anyway.
  6. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Even if they did an all out assault on Trump they wouldn't be hypocrites in doing so. Unless they were bashing him for being rich, anyway.
    True but I think there's a way to do things. You can be angry or hate something/someone all you want but it doesn't get you anywhere. Obviously Bono does have a strong dislike for trump but he's able to put that to one side and be positive and encourage others to come together instead of preaching hatred or anger. I think that's a great quality in someone and something I try and do myself.
  7. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    True but I think there's a way to do things. You can be angry or hate something/someone all you want but it doesn't get you anywhere. Obviously Bono does have a strong dislike for trump but he's able to put that to one side and be positive and encourage others to come together instead of preaching hatred or anger. I think that's a great quality in someone and something I try and do myself.
    true dat
  8. So... a buddy of mine generously and unexpectedly gifted me a copy of TJT 30th vinyl. While it's beautiful, and packaged nicely, while reading the same liner notes from the 2007 20th Anniversary release, it reconfirmed any doubts I had about not shelling out any of my own cash for this...

Cheers to my buddy, though... I am grateful to have it!