1. Please...vote for RTSS.

Man, I'm bored/boring.
  2. I can't decide between Running or Please.

I absolutely LOVE Zoo TVs "Running" segueing to "Streets" (i.e. Sydney 1993) but PopMart's "Please" with Bono's mournful wail segueing into the more techno-y "Streets" is just gold! (Mexico 1998)

Ugh! So tough to choose.
  3. They both are very good.
  4. I voted for Miss Sarajevo just because it's one of my favorite songs ever.
  5. Originally posted by PageU2I can't decide between Running or Please.

I absolutely LOVE Zoo TVs "Running" segueing to "Streets" (i.e. Sydney 1993) but PopMart's "Please" with Bono's mournful wail segueing into the more techno-y "Streets" is just gold! (Mexico 1998)

Ugh! So tough to choose.

+1000. I went with Please...just because I had to make a decision.
  6. I suppose we should be thankful that we have them both/all!
  7. Running To Stand Still works better for me. One sonog is the opposite of another, and this is the reason why they sound great together.
  8. I think we have to be careful where this thread has gone a couple of times - I did it myself: It's about what works best AFTER "Bullet The Blue Sky" not BEFORE "Streets." Both Please and RTSS are amazing intros to Streets but RTSS not only followed BTBS in every ZooTV show but it follows it on The Joshua Tree.
  9. Originally posted by RUMMYI think we have to be careful where this thread has gone a couple of times - I did it myself: It's about what works best AFTER "Bullet The Blue Sky" not BEFORE "Streets." Both Please and RTSS are amazing intros to Streets but RTSS not only followed BTBS in every ZooTV show but it follows it on The Joshua Tree.

agreed
  10. Running To Stand Still, without a doubt.

And if you ask me, RTSS got it's best performances during the Vertigo Tour.

I mean, just take a look at this video.

Edge on piano, Bono playing the harmonica AND the guitar, Adam comes in for the second verse and Larry brings out the drums to get the song into full swing. There's no better way to build up a song than that! And then there's Bono's All-American Stars and Stripes jacket that he wears during Bullet and this song. I think it works really well in my opinion because I think RTSS is essentially an American song (I don't know how to explain it, but if U2 had one song to describe America that wasn't "The Hands That Build America" then it would certainly be this one).

And yes, I love my Vertigo 2005: Live from Chicago DVD.
  11. It was a shame they ended up replacing it with (the amazing) Miss Sarajevo. I think they should have kept both songs in the set.
  12. Originally posted by RUMMY:I think we have to be careful where this thread has gone a couple of times - I did it myself: It's about what works best AFTER "Bullet The Blue Sky" not BEFORE "Streets." Both Please and RTSS are amazing intros to Streets but RTSS not only followed BTBS in every ZooTV show but it follows it on The Joshua Tree.

Very true,

In that case then, the best Bullet follower for me would have to be RTSS. I loved the way it follows Bullet, a song that's musically manic and explosive, in stark contrast to RTSS, which is quiet, hushed and meditative while telling a sort of story. It worked beautifully both on record and live shows.

Please following Bullet comes at a close 2nd for me. It's such a lyrical scather of a song I think it lyrically follows Bullet quite nicely.

Miss Sarajevo is a 3rd, not that great of a follow up to Bullet but Bono gives an amazing performance as always.

WOWOY, while it's a good follower to Bullet, just didn't do it for me. Just to follow Bullet and then to that song makes me feel awkward listening to it. It's like "OUTSIDE IT'S AMERICA" and then "See the stone set in your eyes..." It's a slow song like Running but I didn't feel like it had the same flow and effect that Running produces following Bullet.

Again, just my 2 cents.