1. Seems the album leaked, obviously because of the streaming. Let's see if it's any good.
  2. Nice, will have to check it out.
  3. I've heard it's really good, but still haven't listened to it. Will do tonight or maybe tomorrow, strong headache isn't the best to listen to a new (and possibly loud) rock album
  4. Going to listen to it in a little while
  5. It´s pure gold!
  6. Only listened to the 1st 5 songs at this stage, so far so very, very good.
  7. Still not listened to it myself, but those posts from Victor and Andrew are encouraging. Haven't even heard those two previously released tracks yet, so it's all going to be fresh for me.
  8. Ok, first listen. Review on the go.
    Weight Of Love sounds IMMENSE. I don't like that it shares title with Editors' last album, but hey, it's just a name. The song is absolutely awesome. The instrumental breaks sound like Santana playing with the good old Thickfreakness Black Keys
    In Time sounds a bit more El Camino. More falsetto, distorted bass, channel-separated guitar riffs... Not a brilliant follow up to the opening track.
    Turn Blue... we already knew this one. It sounds like it could be on a Tarantino OST... like a lot of Black Keys stuff anyway
    Fever is still meh.
    Year In Review could do without the girl vocals. I would like the song a lot without them.
    Bullet In The Brain fascinates me. Pure gold. I think it's gonna be among my favs of the album. Already want to play it on guitar - that's a good sign. Hmm the ending is poor though. Anyway I will grow to like it as the rest of the song I think.
    It's Up To You Now, another standard TBK song, but melikes. Dancey. Lovely guitar break with change of tempo!
    Waiting On Words... the voice would be miles better without the falsetto and the reverb, it would be superb. Now it's just creepy. But lovely guitar work and lyrics.
    10 Lovers is musically not my cup of tea, simple as that. It gets better when the vocals come in but still, it will take a good while to click with me... if it does at all.
    In Our Prime... at the beggining, it sounded like a cheap pop track with the piano and all It gets better. Lovely. And another change of tempo! Gotta love'm. The track turns into a slight Beatles rip off but there's nothing wrong with that. Another fav.
    Gotta Get Away, and the Beatles ripoff continues. Am I listening to Rubber Soul?! Wow.

All in all.. Decent album. Many of the "meh songs" will grow - I'm sure, but for the moment it's just a 6/10 overall. Maybe I'd give it a 7 if I listened to the key tracks again but it's 3:05 AM and I'm not really up for it
  9. Nice review, Sergio. Might add my own soon enough. Received my legal copy today, guess what the booklet is? A giant poster of the album's cover. Ridiculous but I somehow like the idea.
  10. Full videoclip now, they're in full promotion of their lead single it seems:
  11. Nice one.

Must say that I completely love this album. After a dozen listens, some songs more than others, I love every single bit of it. Bullet in the Brain and It's Up To You Now are somewhat less impressive but still very good.

TBK managed to give this album a perfect atmosphere, and I think Danger Mouse might have had a big hand in this. Even more than in the previous albums they made with him.

And please listen to it through a good set of speakers/headphones. Audiophiles will love this record.

Verdict: 9/10
    Favourite songs: Weight of Love, In Time, Fever, Waiting on Words, 10 Lovers and their best: In Our Prime.
  12. Turn blue must be a ripper song since it is the album title...