1. Kitlens' are the safest bet in most situations. What lense was on it? The 102mm one or the 55?
  2. I had one for a while. Awesome thing, just didnt have time to use it so sold it again
  3. Originally posted by RistoKitlens' are the safest bet in most situations. What lense was on it? The 102mm one or the 55?

I think the 55mm is the standard. Safest bet, indeed.
  4. Yeah for a few bucks more there is a 12-102mm kit as well.
  5. 18-105* always get confused.
  6. The D3000 came with an 18-55. I fancy a 300mm for the cricket though.

7. D3000 does look reasonably priced on the interent as it is. So to get it on the cheap isn't bad. I'm happy with my camera, the HS10 offers optical zoom " equivalent to 24 - 720mm on a 35mm camera" and does so remarkably well. That plus Photoshop is enough for what I want from my photography. Although, I still like the idea of a DSLR. If I had the money some time down the line I'd give it a good consideration. Currently saving for a teleconverter lens for my bridge camera.

This is an example of what the 66x zoom could achieve:

Taken by Ted Roger Karson
  8. Photo-ing the moon is one of the hardest things I've ever tried to do. You have to be so incredibly careful with exposure and contrast, and the amount of failed shots is so big, that you end up hating the -few- good photos you shoot
  9. Yogi, those are some awesome shots.
  10. Originally posted by KieranU2Yogi, those are some awesome shots.

Agree, they look like photo's you'd expect to see in print. Great lighting, great focus and great composition.

Originally posted by LikeASong:Photo-ing the moon is one of the hardest things I've ever tried to do. You have to be so incredibly careful with exposure and contrast, and the amount of failed shots is so big, that you end up hating the -few- good photos you shoot

Pretty much impossible without a tripod I've had very little success with it also. I think that I've only ever had 2 or 3 stable shots before. Many, many, many failed attempts in the recycle bin.

Aidan and yourself have inspired me to go out (maybe tomorrow if weather is nice) and try some city photography. Never been a fan of pursuing it myself, but there's so much to be seen. There is a block of flats near me, I walk past on a regular basis and I always think "what a good photo that'd be" and never have taken a photo.
  11. Here is my most popular photo on Flickr:

573 views and 18 favourites. Just wish I'd uploaded the further improved copy...