1. My oldie but trustworthy Coolpix P7100 is starting to die so I've jumped on the mirrorless system and bought a Nikon 1 V1. Liking its simplicity, it's even simpler than the P7100 (although that was easy, as it's a pretty complete and complext compact) and nowhere near a DSLR... Liking everything about it so far, except the lack of lenses I'll get the FT1 adapter so I can use the whole array of great lenses that I have...

2. Originally posted by LikeASong:My oldie but trustworthy Coolpix P7100 is starting to die so I've jumped on the mirrorless system and bought a Nikon 1 V1. Liking its simplicity, it's even simpler than the P7100 (although that was easy, as it's a pretty complete and complext compact) and nowhere near a DSLR... Liking everything about it so far, except the lack of lenses I'll get the FT1 adapter so I can use the whole array of great lenses that I have...

[image]
    Would you recommend this camera to somebody who wants to pursue casual photography and isn't willing to spend tons of money on lenses?
  3. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    Would you recommend this camera to somebody who wants to pursue casual photography and isn't willing to spend tons of money on lenses?
    It would depend. There are better mirrorless cameras for the newbie out there. This one is a semi-advanced one and therefore has not a built-in flash (they expect you to get a professional external one) and too many features in the menus to be really intuitive and accesible for the casual photographer.

Spoiler (click to toggle)
    And lenses are pretty expensive for the newbie too!

So I'd mostly say "no".

4. Roundstone, Connemara, Galway, Ireland

5. Diamond Hill, Connemara National Park, Ireland
  6. Very awesome shots.
  7. Thanks, hundreds more but I'd better not upload. lol

I read that Bono was inspired to compose "With or Without You" after spending time in the west of Ireland. Not too sure if this is true.