1. Hiking in Connemara

2. Last hike of the year
  3. Connemara I hope you enjoyed it.

I was testing a new lens yesterday (a vintage 70-150mm f3.8 which is actually very very nice for the price I paid) and I scored a nice and simple pic of the sunset while trying to push the lens to its limits. Pic is at it came out from the SD card.

PS. That thing at the top right is not a lens or sensor spot - it's a bird

4. I like the orange glow, sergio what camera you got again?
  5. Main one is a Nikon D5100, but I also have and use regullarly a newer D3300, an old and sturdy D80 and a (I know you'll like this) mirrorless Nikon J1

6. September 2017.Formentera
    Camera : Nikon D7100
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Main one is a Nikon D5100, but I also have and use regullarly a newer D3300, an old and sturdy D80 and a (I know you'll like this) mirrorless Nikon J1
    do you use each for different purposes?

nikon j1 looks sweet, had a quick look though the reviews seem all over the place... what's your personal experience?
  8. Originally posted by flowerchild:[..]
    do you use each for different purposes?

nikon j1 looks sweet, had a quick look though the reviews seem all over the place... what's your personal experience?
    Yes. D80 for walking around with the dogs and moments where the camera can get hurt - I don't want to risk the more valuable ones. D3300 is the main camera for our video production company (aka my job). D5100 is mine and we use it for productions too, but it's my daily go-to camera.

Regarding the mirrorless, you know I'm not a big fan of the system, but my old Coolpix P7100 is aging and I needed something portable to take to concerts, so EVIL seemed the right path to go. Right now I got it coupled with a long 30-110 lens (no wide angle whatsoever!) so it's going to be pretty much just a concert camera. I will take it to some shows next month and see how it behaves! (God Save The Queen, Jamiroquai and a couple of Spanish bands). Will report back

PS. I had a V1 a couple of months back (actually took it to Dublin and got it into Croke Park! My vids and pics from TJT30 are taken with it) but I sold it. Its bigger size kind of killed the "smaller and compact" purpose.
  9. Taken with iPhone 8.

10. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    Yes. D80 for walking around with the dogs and moments where the camera can get hurt - I don't want to risk the more valuable ones. D3300 is the main camera for our video production company (aka my job). D5100 is mine and we use it for productions too, but it's my daily go-to camera.

Regarding the mirrorless, you know I'm not a big fan of the system, but my old Coolpix P7100 is aging and I needed something portable to take to concerts, so EVIL seemed the right path to go. Right now I got it coupled with a long 30-110 lens (no wide angle whatsoever!) so it's going to be pretty much just a concert camera. I will take it to some shows next month and see how it behaves! (God Save The Queen, Jamiroquai and a couple of Spanish bands). Will report back

PS. I had a V1 a couple of months back (actually took it to Dublin and got it into Croke Park! My vids and pics from TJT30 are taken with it) but I sold it. Its bigger size kind of killed the "smaller and compact" purpose.
    interesting! looking forward to see how the mirrorless works for you... make sure to share some results

@tim: envious! my oneplus5 camera is SHIT, to be frank, especially for the fact that they hyped it as one of THE plus sides to buy this phone. very, very disappointed in that regard.