1. Great pics everybody I love the kebab barman, as Joyce says that pic tells a story in itself. Incredible. And his head and face are perfectly clear while the rest is blurry, it almost looks like a double exposure. Great effect!
  2. thank you, sergio!! it was just a lucky shot

guys. I spontaneously went to a club gig near my house. three bands were to perform, and I didn't know any of them. the only connection I had: an old school colleague of mine is the bass player in one of them. I figured this might be a good opportunity to challenge myself and see how I can handle my new camera.

the venue was VERY small, not bigger than a pub with about 40 guests. the 50mm was indeed a little too zoomed in for the perfect shots, but I made it work after a while. during the gig, I saw a couple of professional photographers run around. didn't want to disturb them (or the audience), so I kept to my corner, until the main photographer of the main band (it was an album release party) approached me and asked me what I was doing. explained my new found hobby to her and that I didn't wanna disturb anything. she was super nice, however, asked me whether I was planning on shooting the main band as well, I said yes, and she went "you know what? just go where ever you wanna go, try it like the pros, you have my permission."

holy smokes now, I didn't think I'd enjoy shooting the band as much as I did. I figured, okay, this is a test run, I don't know the band, what do I care? but the process of taking pics in itself, trying to find a suitable spot, being "one of the photographers" was so. much. fun. I have a lot to learn and already made some progress during those couple of hours. thanked the lady a million times, even got to talk to the main band later very shortly (got a setlist and a pick, shook the singer's hand and thanked him for the good time - he seemed very humble and grateful).

here's one of my favourite (edited) shots. more to come on my flickr in the upcoming days!

3. So, when are you quitting your current job, Jana?

Great story and an excellent photograph! Well done!
  4. I don't like to post on forums or other sites, due to the fact that i have so many photos, but they are all on my Flickr page:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/craigfairlie1994/

Feel free to check them out and if you've got a flickr account, give me a follow if you want to. Ill follow back.
  5. now wouldn't that be a dream thanks a lot, tim!

6. Western Ireland in the late spring

7. A spooky place
  8. final edits are done! you can see them all HERE.

9. This is located in Gort, County Galway were you recently there?

Nice shots you took