1. I was happy they chose for a thing no one expected in TFA instead of fan service and bringing the 3 heroes back together. Shows Disney got some balls.
  2. Originally posted by DutchU2Fan:I was happy they chose for a thing no one expected in TFA instead of fan service and bringing the 3 heroes back together. Shows Disney got some balls.
    Not really Disney. Disney doesn't have creative control on the films. It's still Lucasfilm that does the story meetings and decides where to go next. Kathleen Kennedy , Lucasfilm chairman, still has to get Bob Igers approval before the movie is funded. So Lucasfilm has balls. But the thing is that J.J Abrams played it safe for TFA, due to bringing back the fun of Star Wars that we first saw in ANH. Rian Johnson on the other hand is making a supposed controversial Star Wars film that I can't wait for. Star Wars films needs to take risks. That's why I loved Rogue One. It took risks.
  3. Originally posted by bushido529:[..]
    Rian Johnson on the other hand is making a supposed controversial Star Wars film that I can't wait for. Star Wars films needs to take risks. That's why I loved Rogue One. It took risks.

+1
  4. "It's massively popular, but lots of the lines they have are way too cheesy." - "WTF?
    They've been cheesy from day 1!!!"

"They were groundbreaking back in the days, but now they seem to be just trying to stay relevant by imitating Hunger Games and Avengers franchises." - "THOSE franchises were heavily influenced by Star Wars in the first place!!!"

"Definitely the classic stuff is way better than whatever they came up with in the last 20 years or so." - "Oh, shut up, just enjoy the fucking movies!"

And I could go on...

Star Wars is the U2 of the movies.
  5. I'm seeing the movie in 3 hours and 10 days!
    "This will be a day long remembered."
  6. I'll be seeing this in a week! New trailers have gotten me excited!
  7. Going Thursday. Haven’t watched anything except the first trailer
  8. Can the mods lock this topic. Until Saturday. To avoid spoilers
  9. So looking forward to a trip to the cinema with Star Wars
  10. Hopefully seeing it next monday... just watched all 7 previous episodes on our TV (last 7 saturdays) to revive it (and Rogue One in the right time of the saga) and am ready for the new one
  11. I'm avoiding all of the internet from when this movie opens until I see it on Sunday. Can't be too careful.