1. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I need to check this thread with more calm one of these days.

In the meantime, some years ago (like 15 years ago) I used to have a totally awesome "Beautiful Day - Sun Always Shine On TV" mash up on my PC, but I lost it a long time ago, and I can't find it in YouTube (and I often search for it), so if somebody has it I totally apreciate if you could share it.
    I would love to check that one out!
  2. Originally posted by WojBhoy:Right, this topic will do for my thinking! Am always thinking about songs that could work as mash-ups / snippets etc.

The one I love to do most when playing old guitar is a medley of WOWY with Every River (song by my other favourite band, Runrig), usually singing one within the other or something (example of Every River being here:

[YouTube Video]

Did an acoustic version ages ago (https://soundcloud.com/hjwoj/every-river-wowy-medley), and a few years ago I played a gig with some old friends from home and we did a snippet of Every River where 'Shine Like Stars' goes, worked quite well.

Also love mixing up Van Diemen's Land with the folk song, The Water is Wide (the song that Edge was inspired by) - again, made a cheeky acoustic version from many years ago: https://soundcloud.com/hjwoj/the-water-is-wide-van-diemens-land-cover

Anyway, the reason I felt like throwing this out there is that I had a cunning thought to mix up Fleetwood Mac's 'Bleed to Love Her' with 'All I Want is You' - a) same key, b) similar sentiments, c) awesome songs. Can just see a nice segue from one to the other, just haven't worked it out.

Anyone else have any similar suggestions, thoughts, moments of madness?
    We're definitely in the same boat

I have rehearsing two U2 medleys since a long time ago, I'd love to record them with my band some time (although they're not U2 fans and convincing them would be hard, but I'll work on that): one is a classic D, A, Bm, G mash-up with WOWY and Mercy (and a brief Babyface interlude) and the other one is a beautiful medley of Red Hill Mining Town > One Tree Hill (bumped from the original key of F to the key of G) > Van Diemen's Land. If I don't get my band to agree I might record them on my own just like your acoustic medleys (which are amazing btw, always get the shivers when Shine Like Stars kicks in even when not by U2).
  3. Good read. I was brought up listening to the 'O Waly Waly' arrangement - it was a Runrig version of the song (an old B-side to one of their singles) that made me really sit up and take notice. Interesting that they make it sound like Edge ripped off the music when he quotes it in U2 by U2, although he calls it an Irish folk song called 'The River is Wide'.
  4. Originally posted by Bloodraven:I need to check this thread with more calm one of these days.

In the meantime, some years ago (like 15 years ago) I used to have a totally awesome "Beautiful Day - Sun Always Shine On TV" mash up on my PC, but I lost it a long time ago, and I can't find it in YouTube (and I often search for it), so if somebody has it I totally apreciate if you could share it.

I can't believe that Beautiful Day is....*gulp*.... 15 years old. I remember when that video first came out! I was 6 years old... My god.
  5. Another shout-out - AIWIY mixed with Ryan Adam's 'Desire', would work most well methinks.
  6. I love this one
  7. Nice one!

@MattG enjoy