Popmart
Legs (4): Leg 1: North America, Leg 2: Europe, Leg 3: North America, Leg 4: Rest Of The World
Shows: 111
  1. Originally posted by POPmart07:I would love to go and see some of those earlier popmart shows like opening night in Las Vegas. I know Vegas was a mess but it would be worth it to hear if god will send his angels and do you feel loved. My father went to popmart Las Vegas said it was a lot of fun.
    I can remember listening to Popmart Vegas live at like 5am in the morning or something through U2's microsite on MSN - back in dialup days - the connection was painful, but it was such a thrill back at the time, a frustrating one, but a thrill nonetheless. We're spoiled these days. I caught If God Will Send His Angels at Giants Stadium a few weeks later, it's a pity it got dropped together with DYFL, I think Bono was struggling with the vocals on them both a bit so that could be why, his voice wasn't the best in 1997 - too much smoking and partying I guess.
  2. for Popmart lovers
  3. I saw them in Portugal - Lisbon around the same week , exceptional, beautiful hot day and full moon
  4. I was also at U2 PopMart Lisbon, sold out concert, lots of energy from the crowd and U2 in top form!
  5. Was a great show, drove up at 8am from the algarve with my Girlfriend (now wife) , managed to get into the enclosed bit at the front of the stage , can't recall if there was a support , I think Paul Oakenfold did a DJ set , great u2 gig , then drove back to Algarve got in about 5am and was down by the pool for 10am .
  6. Lady Di had died the week before I recall
  7. Originally posted by POPmart07:I would love to go and see some of those earlier popmart shows like opening night in Las Vegas. I know Vegas was a mess but it would be worth it to hear if god will send his angels and do you feel loved. My father went to popmart Las Vegas said it was a lot of fun.

I was at the Popmart Vegas show and ... whoa ... what a train wreck. I'm a HUGE fan of Pop, and thankfully got to see some fantastic Popmart shows (favorite being when Oakland when Oasis opened)...but Vegas was an awful, awful show. Glad I saw it as a matter of history, but was excruciating to watch: You could actually feel the audience slowly going from ecstasy to confusion to pitty to disbelief.
  8. Originally posted by zooropa93:[..]
    Princess Di passed away on this day, early in the morning. The gig was advertised to be broadcast on BBC Radio 1 but they changed the schedule in respect
    Yep...I managed to blag my way onto the pitch aswell as seats we had were in line with the stage
  9. Went out and brought some new TDK’s and everything, was gutted.