1. Welcome one and all to the 1st Annual U2Start Awards Ceremony!

A brief introduction
    Thank you so much to everyone who has voted and everyone who has continued to make this site a better place simply by hanging around. Your presences were acknowledged in these ballots- almost everyone received a vote for SOMETHING, so even though there are winners declared, know that somebody around here always appreciates you being a part of the forum

Without further ado, though, let's get right down to the handing out of awards. The winners receive bragging rights redeemable for up to one year

--------------------------------

Prom King:
    WINNER: LikeASong

Showing up to U2Start every day in his tuxedo and throwing on his charm once he hits the forum, LikeASong (Sergio) was bound to win this one from the get-go. We can all see his flair the second he posts, and his contributions to every aspect of this site go above and beyond what all of us general members hope to be able to contribute. Congratulations to the King

Prom Queen:
    WINNER: MacStripey
    She's just... Our board's queen. Always nice to the other members, always present, always giving out great pieces of info, posting articles and sharing her love for U2 and many other things. She loves U2start and U2start loves her - here's proof

Most Huggable:
    WINNER: MacStripey

She's just as huggable as a lovely teddy bear. Germans are (probably mistakenly) infamous worldwide for their language's rudeness and their legendary drinking skills, but Kirsten is also popular in our forum due to her extreme kindness when treating each other, and some of her recent events have united the forum in a wave of sympathy and love. None of us doubted she was bound to win this award

WTF Poster:
    WINNER: wtshnnfb01

If you've ever been reading the forums and found yourself shaking your head, jaw-dropped, or just plainly saying "HUH?"...there's a good chance you were reading a post by Aaron. He's been around for a long long while and he has entertained us with very much legendary WTF posts like "Anthony Keidis was born in my home state" or "Dont know if you haven't realized it by now, but I really dont care about grammer, and spelling". Rubymoon and Buttons were close to Aaron on this award. And both are as WTF as him. Congratulations to all of you. Please keep WTF-ing us

Most Consistent High-Quality Poster:
    WINNER: LikeASong

I suppose it goes along with being the Prom King, but when Sergio posts, it's golden. Whether he's sharing his wisdom (of which he has plenty), dishing out the sarcasm and jokes (and sometimes we even laugh!), or mod-ding it up for the benefit of us all, Sergio's posts are always an enjoyment to read. When the Zoo Baby pops up trademarked with his "LikeASong" watermark, it catches your eye and you know he's about to say something grand!

Best use of sarcasm:
    WINNER: yeah

This was bound to happen as well. Yeah, a.k.a. Babacar a.k.a. The Newbies' Punisher, is the user who uses sarcasm the most. A very large majority of his posts are filled up with strong irony and sarcasm, and he really doesn't care who he aims it too. Sometimes controversial but almost always spot-on, Yeah is the most sarcastic member of our forum. The award was tight with his pal Gerard (germcevoy), they were only two votes away. Congratulations! We love you both. No, wait, that was sarcastic. Or not.

Worst acknowledeger of sarcasm:
    WINNER: TIE: vanquish/dylbagz

Ho, ho, ho! We got a tie! Our two most funnily sarcasm-immune members got the same amount of votes for this award! I can only say that they're both a pair of kind gentlemen, smart and nice when discussing, and they're reasonable and cold-minded when having arguments. No, wait, that was all sarcastic. Lossless sarcasm, Lyndon.

First to get eaten in a zombie invasion of the board:
    WINNER: Mr_Trek

Well, there were no actual reasons for voting one member above another for this award, but the most of you chose to vote Olof. I can't thank you enough for it.

Best taste in music:
    WINNER: EyesWithPrideB3

With LikeASong at second place and Rummy, Jofice and Clover68 tied at third, it's needless to say that Matt (EyesWithPrideB3) was the one who got this award home. I thought this award was going to be a little thighter, with votes spreaded between many musically-tasteful members, but Matt took it home without turning a hair. Matt has been consistently sharing his superb music taste all around the forum for a good few years, and that's earned him this award. Congrats, you, Illinoisian

Most questionable taste in music:
    WINNER: u2spear

While Josh has some good music taste (he's a fan of bands like Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, etc) some of the music taste he's been spreading around has earned him this award. Listening to the likes of Taylor Swift, Lil Wayne and Kanye West has made his taste quite unpopular among you, forum mates. Drew (drewhiggins) and Tim (iTim) did a very tight fight for the second place, and they ended up with the same votes. Congratulations to both, your music taste is the second worst of the forum!

Underdog poster:

In a surprising twist of fate, Aaron took home the WTF Poster award AND the Underdog Poster award. The Underdog Award is simply for the poster who has really come around and improved, or simply impressed you, since they've been around. It's entirely fitting that an older, more classic member of U2Start should win this award, and seeing as how Aaron has been here for quite awhile (and has, according to himself, lost his mind several times now), it feels absolutely right to honor him with this award.

Prediction king/queen:
    WINNER: bartajax

No doubt. With his awesome victory on last year's football/soccer prediction game, Bart earned this award. He might be not that active anymore, but his legendary "5 out of 5" predictions are burned in our minds

Most likely to get banned:
    WINNER: dylbagz

Let's be honest- I (Matt) love to give people the business. If I've given you a hard time on here, it's usually because its in good nature and I like having you around. But when dylbagz popped up on the forums, and things started to go around as they usually do, I could only think one thought to myself- "This guy is gonna feel the banhammer so, so hard..."

And, if I'm not mistaken, someone's going to need to cross the stage and accept this award in his honor, because I'm pretty sure he's been banned since the start of the voting of the awards! Congratulations to dylbagz for winning this slightly less prestigious honor, but an equally large congratulations to all of the voters for getting this one right!

Most likely to become a mod:
    WINNER: EyesWithPrideB3

As a crew member, I should not say anything about this award either, but Matt can't write about himself, so let's do it... Matt has been "patrolling" the forums for a long time, helping out newbies and warning the crew when things went out of rail... His perfect manners even on the toughest arguments make him worth this award. Now, the ball is on our webmaster(s)'s roof

Most absurd thread creator:

Well, some of his legendarily absurd threads are part of our forum's history. Topics such as "The time I was almost killed" or "I'm using Bad in my acting class" have earned him this award. Congratulations, Aaron. Please take this award as a fair recognition of the hard work you've been doing during your past years here. Keep on absurd-threading us!!! Second most voted was Olof (Mr_Trek), and anyone who's been around for the last year can surely tell why.

Threadjacker:
    WINNER: Mr_Trek

If there is such a thing as being rewarded for overtaking a thread, his legendary threadjacking skills have been well rewarded with this award. What's funnier than posting 'I am the walrus' in the middle of a serious discussion about sound formats or the latest U2 release? Doing it over and over again. Well deserved.

Funniest poster:
    WINNER: germcevoy

Strongly linked with his fantastic sarcasm use, Gerard shows post after post that he can make you laugh without any effort. While others need to post intricate jokes or to post images to take a good laugh from you, Gerard can do so with just a few words. Kudos. Sergio (LikeASong) and Drew (Drewhiggins) were second and third, but they're surely nowhere near Gerard's fun abilities.

When I (Matt) first joined U2Start many years ago, I remember feeling the wrath of Gerard's sarcastic humor. His cutting humor literally tore through the boards and made me terrified to crack a joke in his presence- "the funny" was his forte. Since then I've had many a conversation- and thus, many a laugh- with Gerard. Congratulations, friend

Best Avatar:
    WINNER: Macphistfly

I think we all knew Cal and his legendary Acrobat/Vertigo avatar would take this award home (Y) We all have seen it some time and we all have wished it was our avatar, I'm sure. Showing Acrobat's signature lyrics over a sucession of shots from the Vertigo's videoclip, it's a fantastic gif that we all associate instantly with our favorite nomad. Remy and his The Fly avatar was a tight 2nd place, and whoever from here who's met Remy at real life will surely know that strange feeling when you realize he does NOT look like The Fly

Username you just don't understand:
    WINNER: wangmaster

Dan was our July 09 fan of the month, alright. Here comes a crew member's confession: one of the reasons to choose him was because Remy likes his username True story! Wangmaster, I think nobody but him must know the actual meaning of that weirdo of a nickname. Maybe it's the time to tell us, Dan

In an interestingly high-scoring runner up, wtshnnfb01 took second place. The only reason that this seems surprising is that I'm fairly certain Aaron has explained this to us several times, and how hard is it really to decipher? wtshnn obviously equals "Where the Streets Have No Name" (we've all abbreviated that enough times to know), and I may be wrong in assuming, but I think the fb stands for "fanboy" in his case. The 01 may just be an arbitrary number, but otherwise Aaron's username seems totally logical (Unless I'm wrong, in which case, Aaron- please correct me)

Best Thread:
    WINNER: General Chat / U2 Latest News & Sightings

And to finish up, another tie between two of our legendary threads. General Chat is the place where one can't go off-topic whatever he wants to post, hence the popularity. And The Latest News&Sightings is the topic where everyone can keep track of U2's and its members' last public appereances, U2-related articles, some rumours and lots of interesting discussions and rumours Two perfect examples of how enjoyable our forums can be!

------------

Thank you to everyone who participated in the U2Start Awards. The thread, the voting, the results thread which I'm sure will be insanely popular as you all fight out amongst the winners (and although we don't like to say "losers", there certainly were some. I'm looking at you, Joe.). We had so much fun organizing this, and I (Matt) would just like to extend my thanks to Sergio for helping make this happen. I took the idea to him awhile ago and he's worked with me since that very day to put this on and moderate the entire procedure, and in doing so we have had many laughs and gotten to know some members even better. I know I speak for both of us when I say that we're extremely excited for next March/April when we can do this all again. Until then, keep earning these awards, people- its what makes our little community seem like such a huge joy
  2. First I'd like to thank everyone for recognizing my threadjacking skills.

Secondly I'd just like to thank everyone for being so easily deceived when I am taking command of my zombie army
  3. Dylbagz banned? This is news to me. (ooooh, ha).

Anyway. Great great results and even better explanations!!!

4. I'll shunt Mr_Trek out of threadjacker and close this on the account that I won...NOTHING!

Congrats to all those who won! Shame MacSpidey didn't win most huggable, but hey.

Now, where's this dance...?

And for the record, eight of the people I voted for won their respective categories. Do not underestimate the power voter.
  5. You got a respectable amount of votes for worst taste in music, Tim. I personally consider you as one of the winners
  6. If it's the worst taste in music, that's some nomination.
  7. I did get a mention

Shared with Drew...

8. Awwww come on, at least I don't feel so bad now. Isn't that the whole idea of it?

(Seriously, I thought everyone liked Madonna).
  9. I want to publicly congratulate Aaron (wtshnnfb01). With three awards, he just swept us all off the map. Ok, they might be three negative awards, but he's won 3 after all. Kudos.

10. Kirsten will Flip. Out. when she see's this. We may drown in .gif's.

11. Let us all pray that MacSpidey eats her before that happens.