1. gonna see them in 3 days
  2. Had a great time with the Stones in Düsseldorf last night

Our Lucky Dips were good for GA's (like most were - only a few seemed to have got lucky with the No Filter pit...), but since we had to collect our tickets at 5 pm and then were let in at 5.30, we had a nice early entrance and easily joined the 4th row dead center, right behind the floor seats.
    For these "plain" GA's our spots were quite excellent and we had great sound & vision

The Stones were better than I expected and most songs were in fact performed quite excellent with a lot of focus and energy from the entire band. Too bad it never got the crowd going in way we are familiar with back home... (no offense...I hope).

Highlights for me were an outstanding Street Fighting Man (complete with the looks on the bands faces: was that really us? ), Get Off My Cloud (formerly known as Get Off Of My Cloud) which had, again, an excellent performance - at least musically since Mick slightly mixed up the lyrics of the 2nd verse
    And of course the two tunes from Blue & Lonesome (Just Your Fool + Ride 'Em On Down)

But the true highlight was Keith delivering a very emotional and sincere Slipping Away. Devoid of any irony: this was a legend performing with all his heart, knowing that the best days have gone by, but not giving in without a fight. I thought Keith really transcended the song - and thus himself! - to a higher level.

A German beer on the way out was all to finish a very good Stones concert

3. Stones in amazing shape last night in Arnhem

Very lucky with out Lucky Dip tickets taking us to the pit

I've seen about 25 Stones concerts in 27 years, but, believe it or not, this was one of the best I have ever seen
  4. Originally posted by BigGiRL:Stones in amazing shape last night in Arnhem

[YouTube Video]

Very lucky with out Lucky Dip tickets taking us to the pit

I've seen about 25 Stones concerts in 27 years, but, believe it or not, this was one of the best I have ever seen
    Amazing that the band still get so much out to the audience. I have only seen them once in Cardiff and they really did rock.
  5. I have seen them 3 times (Glasgow Apollo 1982, Wembley 1982) but not since 1990 again at Wembley. I thought that they were becoming their own tribute act even then and who would want to listen to much after Some Girls (1978) maybe Tattoo You (1981) so have never bothered going out to see then since. (Only U2 lure me outdoors !)

All that said I am glad they are still out there doing it. They were tremendous at a small theatre venue like the Apollo, on a totally different level really but I will just keep the memory.
  6. i saw them in turin july 1982 the day italy won football world championship in spain, it was a great unforgettable day with Mick wearing an italian flag, oh my God that was a rock beautiful experience .
  7. Rumoured UK/Ireland cities

Cardiff, Dublin, Edinburgh, Manchester, Birmingham, Southampton and London.
  8. Yeah, heard the rumours too. That's a lot of Island gigs but understandable not having played there since 2012 or 13!
  9. Yeah, there are also rumours that there will be a couple of gigs outside UK / Ireland - Marseille, Berlin, Poland have been discussed. I really hope I will catch them somewhere - I saw them in Amsterdam and Stockholm the last year (plus 5 times before) and they were absolutely excellent. I will be honest and say thet the Amsterdam gig was probably the best concert I have ever seen. That one or The Stones in Berlin in 2014. Don't throw stones at me, please