1. I got one friend who likes really good music, I went to Pearl Jam and I'm going to Bruce Springsteen with him. Other friends don't really like them but aren't bothered when I listen to them.

And I ''caught'' my girlfriend singing along to One and Beautiful Day. Now I only got to get her into the real good U2 songs
  2. Depends on who I meet. Most younger kids I met say thier old, stale and out of fashion , others are tolerable of my intense U2 passion though they have other bands they feel as passionite about. Latley, it's been more of the latter for me. I do happen to know a close friend of mine from Ecuador whose also a giant fan of U2, though, so it's our personal goal to see them the next time they come to NY on tour.
  3. Bono is not a popular guy in Ireland and as a default neither are the band. I regularly get grief about the tax business.

That's the general rule until they come to town and people are able to get corporate tickets, that is..
  4. If someone asks who my favourite band are I tell them but then I tell them others I like as well, so I guess that evens it out a bit - well I think it does, anyway. I've heard about the tax thing only a couple of times...but I'm not there for the tax issues.

Plus there's always heaps of other bands around - known and unknown to me - so who knows what I'm into at that time. At the moment I'm enjoying synth-pop. And if my friends don't like U2, so what - doesn't particularly bother me; I know what I like.