1. Thats the spirit in the flesh, thank God for recorders!!!
  2. If I am being very critical I thought there was an inbalance to the show. The first 50 minutes was very thorough, very in depth, basically from 1976 - 1983. Then they missed out the Unforgetable Fire album totally, which was basically the start of the next phase of U2 (therefore very important), and skipped through the Joshua Tree album by playing With or Without You (it still remains along with AB their seminal album) and then went to Rattle & Hum. It was as though someone suddenly thought, shit, weve only 10 minutes left, not 20. Oh well, this will have to do, I cant wait for part 2 next week though.
  3. Originally posted by paulc:If I am being very critical I thought there was an inbalance to the show. The first 50 minutes was very thorough, very in depth, basically from 1976 - 1983. Then they missed out the Unforgetable Fire album totally, which was basically the start of the next phase of U2 (therefore very important), and skipped through the Joshua Tree album by playing With or Without You (it still remains along with AB their seminal album) and then went to Rattle & Hum. It was as though someone suddenly thought, shit, weve only 10 minutes left, not 20. Oh well, this will have to do, I cant wait for part 2 next week though.

I thought the same as I was listening to it as well. My conclusion was that they don't really have much from the UF era (BBC-wise) or the JT era. I could be wrong though. It kind of resembles U2byU2. The first like third of the entire book is devoted to everything pre-UF, and everything that follows it generally doesn't get looked at as much.
  4. I got a PM complaint about the Mega link. Personally I'm having mo problems, but here it is on MediaFire anyway, because I know you all love your MediaFire.
  5. Thanks ross for the new link
  6. here is this bbc show in split track

U2,
    U2 At The BBC,
    BBC Radio2 Broadcast,

A portrait of U2, drawn entirely from BBC archive interviews and performances
    BBC Radio iPlayer > NOTH Radio Downloader .mp3 > Polderbits Sound Editor

Intro
    An Cat Dubh
    Into The Heart
    Archive Clip
    Stories For Boys
    Archive Interview
    Electric Co.
    Archive Interview
    11 O'Clock Tick Tock
    Archive Interview
    Boy
    Rejoice
    Archive Interview
    Fire
    Archive Interview
    Surrender
    Archive Interview
    I Will Follow
    Archive Interview
    New Year's Day
    Archive Interview
    With Or Without You (snippet)
    Archive Clip
    Desire (snippet)
    Outro

LINK
    http://www.filefactory.com/file/20rj26q8ypo3/
  7. Thanx R&H and evman for this!!!
  8. I was just wondering was there a part 2 and did anyone manage to record it?
  9. No, on my Tivo box it said Radio 2 were going to do a part 2 the following week but they didn't.
  10. Thanks for letting us know.