1. Hope everyone enjoys it as much as I am!
  2. Originally posted by halfast:YES! I just found it! It was the first night of Dortmund. Thank you, Kieran! And pato, for the help
    I would recommend taking a listen if you get the chance, it's a great version!

No problem, anytime! Forgot to say, welcome to the forums!

I might have to give this version a listen myself, too.

3. English is not my first language either... I'M IRISH!!!!!!!!!

PS. Bono!!! You're out of tune man!!!

4. I think he may actually be drunk. We must direct him to The Drunk Thread!

5. We'd better vote him for the Drunk Award instead haha... Yes, he might be drunk, I thought it during the speech but the out of tune episode might have confirmed it for me. Abandoning the stage was hilarious too xD
  6. This version still blows my mind. The garage band supporting speech, Bono saying "English is not my 1st language either, I'm Irish!!", the messy performance with Bono becoming a tenor at 05:05, and the incredible segue into a full performance of Stand By Me, with Edge doing solo vocals at the end... Just too good.
  7. Yeah great version indeed, the band were on fire for all of Zoo TV of course, but those weeks in Europe especially, some of my U2 favourite shows come from that timeframe. Zoo TV indoors was intense.
  8. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]
    This version still blows my mind. The garage band supporting speech, Bono saying "English is not my 1st language either, I'm Irish!!", the messy performance with Bono becoming a tenor at 05:05, and the incredible segue into a full performance of Stand By Me, with Edge doing solo vocals at the end... Just too good.
    Never had heard this before and loved it! For all of the parts you mentioned as well as Bono actually being the one who struggled with the right key at first, even though he blames it on the audience! "Hold on a second, I though it was me singing out of tune, you're fucking singing out of tune." Haha.
  9. Major thread bump here but I was listening to the acoustic version of this from elevation tour Chicago 16/05/01 and I love it. Had heard it a while back but forgot what bootleg it was from, I’ve not always enjoyed this live because Bono lets the crowd sing some of the lyrics quite often but it was great in 2017 on the versions Bono did sing them all and with the intro being a bit more similar to the album however this acoustic version just strips it down to the bare bones and shows the depth of the song. It also sounds like a band on top of the world and just loving what they were doing which would have been the case back then when they had a come back of sorts.