1. Yes, that's widely suspected. Familiars or friends of Ticketmaster workers (or even workers themselves) that can get access to tickets a few mins/hours before they go officially on sale, so they can resell them afterwards.

I myself have seen a FNAC employee go out of the store with a handful of just-printed tickets while the rest of us was still queing in order to get them... Surreal. And I can swear they were tickets for that concert and the guy was unaware that we were looking at him. I guess that must happen everywhere, everyday. A disgrace.
  2. Excuse me but as an U2.com member you can buy tickets earlier also. Also with more accounts.

Good luck next time.
  3. Cheap or expensive, doesn't matter for U2.
    Every show and every tour is sold out.
  4. Originally posted by ver2go:Excuse me but as an U2.com member you can buy tickets earlier also. Also with more accounts.

Good luck next time.

You are excused

I have bought tickets for every show I wanted to attend without problem, whether in physical stores or through the internet (at the release day or afterwards, there's always decent people that can't make it to the show and sell at face value).

And no, not every show is sold out. The 360 show was the biggest grossing tour ever but it had a few shows that weren't sold out. For example, the 2nd Barcelona night
  5. Both Barcelona shows I saw, but I can't say it was't busy. (maybe not sold out okay). But I think they must play only once in Spain next Tour.
  6. Stupid solution, only solution that works is not buying from scalpers. Why force everyone to pay a higher price, in the end everybody pays more. Only the promotor and the band benefit.
  7. The promoter and the band don't see a single dollar from scalping tickets. That's why I understand why the promoters would like to raise the prices. If they know that a lot of people buys from scalpers, they'd think "Why not charging the same as scalpers do, on the first place"? I think it's a stupid solution since scalpers would still buy the expensive tix and resell them at higher prices, but I see why would promoters do that.
  8. Why should they see money from reselling? Translate tickets it to any other good and scalping is a widely accepted practice.

The whole problem is being overrated, during the last tour scalpers could barely sell their stuff anyway. What helped was that tickets were held back and went on sale multiple times, sometimes even just before the concert.
  9. i would say too expensive, but 70 euro GA for u2 are ok , but only for u2
  10. Maybe making tickets non-transferable or transferable with a massive fee would eventually make scalping not profitable.