1. One thing i notice when chatting with other U2 fans is how so many put Lovetown up there with ZooTV as their favourite tour,i've been listening to a few of the shows lately and dont know if its just the age of the tour or what but i find them quite poor.For sure One Tree Hill,God Part II and Angel Of Harlem are great but the whole BB King thing is terrible man,all that "is there any love in the house" thing makes me cringe,Love Rescue Me sounds like something my grandad would listen to.Love Comes To Town does have some great lyrics but the song itself isnt a great song imo.Joshua Tree although similar in songs played was so much more passionate and raw.Any Lovetown fans on here? Im suspecting many,but please tell me why you love it.The much criticized Elevation and Vertigo shows blow this tour out the water.
  2. Setlist variety, performance quality. Short but sweet tour where the band are playing every night like it's their last. The intensity of shows and the energy that the band played with is unrivaled to me. U2 at the ultimate peak of their powers.

My favourite tour, along with Elevation (for similar reasons).
  3. The setlists were very good i have to admit,im not really getting the intensity part,maybe because many bootlegs are of poor quality??? I just dont like that whole "blues" encore,know what you mean about Elevation though mate,from the minute they walked on stage it was electric.
  4. If you don't get the intensity thing put on Streets from 1989-12-31. If that isn't energetic and intense I don't know what is.

I can think of plenty of shows with reasonable to great quality

1989-10-27 - Adelaide
    1989-11-18 - Sydney
    1989-12-01 - Osaka
    1989-12-26 - Dublin
    1989-12-27 - Dublin
    1989-12-30 - Dublin
    1989-12-31 - Dublin
    1990-01-05 - Rotterdam
    1990-01-09 - Rotterdam
    1990-01-10 - Rotterdam

If that's not enough for you I don't know what is.
  5. Love town bootlegs are of poor quality??????????

The Dublin boots belongs still to the best sounding quality bootlegs of U2

I love the songs played with BB King band. And the setlist of this tour are much much more variated then all the tours after the Love Town
  6. Osaka, Point Depot and Rotterdam are enough to turn anyone into a U2 fan. Top performances by the band, top audiences, great recordings, great Bono vocals. Great tour theme, different show openers, different setlist structures, short and pretty exclusive run of concerts. Important turning point in the band's history. What else?
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:Osaka, Point Depot and Rotterdam are enough to turn anyone into a U2 fan. Top performances by the band, top audiences, great recordings, great Bono vocals. Great tour theme, different show openers, different setlist structures, short and pretty exclusive run of concerts. Important turning point in the band's history. What else?

This x2. Great answer
  8. Maybe the OP is (like me) a huge Achtung Baby fan and simple needs some "One" or "Until The End of The World" to make his bootleg listening experience feel ...complete.
  9. Indeed, the band performed with so much passion and energy !
    Imo, Bono's voice was never that good and for once Edge was REALLY on fire.
  10. Originally posted by LikeASong:Osaka, Point Depot and Rotterdam are enough to turn anyone into a U2 fan. Top performances by the band, top audiences, great recordings, great Bono vocals. Great tour theme, different show openers, different setlist structures, short and pretty exclusive run of concerts. Important turning point in the band's history. What else?

That
  11. Originally posted by BelgianBono:Indeed, the band performed with so much passion and energy !
    Imo, Bono's voice was never that good and for once Edge was REALLY on fire.

Just like you writing here recently
  12. I'm not super familiar with the tour as a whole actually, mainly just the Dublin shows and the Rotterdam show with the video.

That being said, the new years eve gig is still one of U2's best in my opinion, at least of the ones I've heard, and I've listened to the best of the best according to what the fans say. It's just a magical show - "Seeing as how it's New Years Day you're probably expecting me to get all sentimental, yeah?....well you're exactly right" (as still haven't found comes in). It's just a special moment and you can't help but feel like you were there. The part at the beginning of Running to Stand Still when Bono is talking about how everyone's come to see them with the chords in the background brings tears to my eyes whenever I hear it.

The tour as a whole, I'll agree that JT is much more raw and maybe even more passionate, but Lovetown was just polished as hell. They're on top form every night and everything usually sounds flawless as hell. JT was raw and passionate, but not every show was a good one, and Bono's voice wasn't always there especially. Lovetown it was ALWAYS there.