1. Originally posted by dylbagz:Is there any particular reason why they have a xylophone / musical triangle turned up so loud in the mix in live performances of this song? Takes away from it so much for me. Still my favourite new song.
    The xylophone in the live performances just doesn't work (for me, anyway).

It's much better as is on the album.
  2. Exactly. How has no one in the touring production mentioned this to the band?
  3. Invisible it's all about the "I AM HERE!" moment.
    I love how the crowd reacts to that one (at least in the bootlegs), but I wouldn't be surprised if they think that that reaction is worthy enough so they don't really care that much about "how it sounds".
  4. It's indeed more about the message (not only the "I am here" part, although that's of course the biggie) than the music. I think musically it's pretty mediocre. Or even below average.
  5. Remember that we are talking about "average" with respect to other U2 songs. Even an average song from U2 is well above average compared to everything else.

Personally I would put it as an average/above average U2 song.
  6. True. U2-average is still better than 80% of today's music.
  7. Originally posted by ahn1991:Remember that we are talking about "average" with respect to other U2 songs. Even an average song from U2 is well above average compared to everything else.

Personally I would put it as an average/above average U2 song.
    This train of thought is how you get in trouble with better non-U2 songs.

'Invisible' could have been completely sung by Coldplay or Keane. And written by either.

It's kind of boring live, them 4 lads stuck in that screen.
  8. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with Invisible on the concert.
    After super bowl video I was very curious about this song live..
    I mean, the song is ok, but they need to be stuck inside that screen?

9. @andre, you nailed the centipede on the head.
  10. I think Invisible great live, good efects, good ending, good performance at all, to me is even a highlight of the concert
  11. yeah, I really think it's great live. but what a terrible idea to get stuck inside the screen. I get the point, but I really didn't like it.

hate that they done it to EBTTRT too.
    I think powerful songs needs more than that.. needs a powerful performance too.

that's what I'm talking about
  12. i used to hate this song but now i love it...
    just like volcano...
    im a kid flying'' in the sky with this song
    folks love it...