1. never heard of this,
    and it seems tickets had been printed...
  2. That leg of the TUF tour started in France on October 18th, so a German show 6 days in advance doesn't seem really logic. Maybe this was a draft ticket printed when their management started to book venues and all? Or maybe the booked this but then cancelled it for whatever reason, and rescheduled it as the final show of the leg (the famous Nov 22nd Dortmund show).
  3. Rescheduling a show from Munich to Dortmund wouldn't make any sense, these cities are 600-700km apart. Which means both shows seem to be been planned at first. This looks like an actual ticket, no testprint. So whatever happened, the show must have been cancelled late.
  4. This show was cancelled. Initially the TUF started in Rotterdam on October 1, on the same as the album was released. Because the boys needed more time to rehearse, they postponed the tour for a few weeks. Some shows were postponed, others like this one were cancelled.
  5. Originally posted by PiM1975:This show was cancelled. Initially the TUF started in Rotterdam on October 1, on the same as the album was released. Because the boys needed more time to rehearse, they postponed the tour for a few weeks. Some shows were postponed, others like this one were cancelled.

What about the Australian shows then?
  6. The australian shows have very little to do with the unforgettable fire tour. They were billed as 'Under australian skies' a clear, albeit much belated reference to 'under a blood red sky' and, by association, the 'war' tour. If you look at the set list for the last official date of the war tour in tokyo and the setlist for the opening show in christchurch they are very similar. The only unforgettable fire song to make an appearance is pride and it is the only constant throughout those dates probably due to it already being or about to be the lead single. In fact the unforgettable fire and wire only make a single appearance each across all the australian dates though i could be wrong as i'm doing that from memory. The unforgettable fire tour was scheduled to start earlier than lyon but dates were cancelled or rescheduled because the band thought what they had played hadn't gone too well and wanted more rehearsal time.How they could judge from two new songs to an audience they hadn't played to before is anyone's guess.
  7. This is a fascinating topic. This is why I stick around this forum even when it isn't tour time and there's no real news. Love uncovering mysteries like this and delving into U2's history.

Thanks for bringing this up, discohype!
  8. no reason to thank me, i was looking some old tickets on ebay, when i saw it, and it made me an instant reaction...
    i knew that some concerts were cancelled, maybe i've read the list of these ones (probably in pim jal de la para book, or elsewhere), but i must admit i forgot this...
  9. Originally posted by discohype:no reason to thank me, i was looking some old tickets on ebay, when i saw it, and it made me an instant reaction...
    i knew that some concerts were cancelled, maybe i've read the list of these ones (probably in pim jal de la para book, or elsewhere), but i must admit i forgot this...

Yep, it's all there in Pimm's book!
  10. Gonna check it out then. Maybe some scans will help THank you all.
  11. Ohhh now I remember. I already knew there were plans for a Barcelona concert, but I just didn't know it belonged to a whole postponed/rescheduled/cancelled group of shows!

12. thanks