1. Listening to Euzen's Sequel right now! Review coming later
  2. I'm also going to get into it today.

3. Euzen - Sequel

Totally new band to me, don't know what to expect besides a female singer. Let's see! Review on the go during the first listen as always.

The Great Escape... Hmmm interesting to say the least. Piano, rap-like vocals. Song in crescendo, different synths instead of the guitars I was hoping to hear. Well, definitely not bad, more like deeply intriguing. Good start.
    Judged By starts on piano again, reminds me to the softer Within Temptation songs (which is good). I like it a lot
    You're On is a bit more poppy, the weaker song so far.
    Notion is a different thing, some weird timing or syncopated drumming patter makes it sound slightly out of ordinary. I love how simple it's instrumentally, and yet it catches your ear instantly.
    Surreal Medley is the best song instrumentally speaking so far. The piano that follows the vocal melody, the acoustic guitars underneath... Great one.
    Coherence is darker and heavier but it didn't catch me as much as the previous ones.
    Cruel All By Myself sounds like a gothic jazz lullaby at the start, then it grows to be one of the deepest songs so far. Very good.
    Run another weird sounding track. I couldn't make out anything special or new from it. It sounded like some 90s Madonna at times, sorry Alvin
    WTF is that at the start of Vilje?!?! Then the piano, bells and guitar start doing an Oriental (somehow between Chinese and Arabic) scale that sets the basis for one of the most interesting vocal deliveries of the album so far. It sounds so weird and different that it goes straight to the top tracks.
    The oriental harmony reminiscence continues in Glitch which is one of the most electronic-oriented songs in the album. I could have done without the electronic vocal treatments but the music was surprisingly nice (I'm usually not a fan of electronic music as you know). The impressive vocal range in "How to stAAAAAAYY" deserves a mention. And HEY HO!! Finally some serious electric guitar at 2:30 The guitarist in me is finally happy hahaha.
    Sequel closes the album in fashion (finally a song without a piano dictating the main chords and melody!). The vocal delivery is sometimes similar to the opening song, very fast wording and doubled vocals.

Top tracks (in no order):
    Surreal Medley
    Notion (just because how weird it is)
    Cruel All By Myself
    Vilje

Overall: nice introduction to a band that seems to have a pretty heterogeneous mix of sounds and song styles. Reminds to many things at once (like a softer version of Within Temptation with some industrial touches) but with a very distinct scent. Will be coming back if only for the pleasure of listening back. I'm also gonna check some of their other albums too. Thanks Alvin!!
  4. I will get into this today and tomorrow
  5. a bit late but :

Hammock - Departure Songs

This is not my kind of music ... i founded boring at first and sometimes was getting a bit better ... to make matters worse for me it was a very long album . Maybe in the indicated place to listen this could be better for me , but i listened sitting on my pc

Highlights:

(Tonight) We Burn Like Stars That Never Die
    Words You Said... I'll Never Forget You Now
    Frailty (For the Dearly Departed)
    (Let's Kiss) While All the Stars Are Falling Down

For me is a 4/10 , but I clarify that i dont like this kind of music . Anyway thank you for letting me to listen this , that i never would listen by my way
  6. Originally posted by patou2:a bit late but :

Hammock - Departure Songs

This is not my kind of music ... i founded boring at first and sometimes was getting a bit better ... to make matters worse for me it was a very long album . Maybe in the indicated place to listen this could be better for me , but i listened sitting on my pc

Highlights:

(Tonight) We Burn Like Stars That Never Die
    Words You Said... I'll Never Forget You Now
    Frailty (For the Dearly Departed)
    (Let's Kiss) While All the Stars Are Falling Down

For me is a 4/10 , but I clarify that i dont like this kind of music . Anyway thank you for letting me to listen this , that i never would listen by my way
    thanks for review... and now for something completely different
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Euzen - Sequel

Totally new band to me, don't know what to expect besides a female singer. Let's see! Review on the go during the first listen as always.

The Great Escape... Hmmm interesting to say the least. Piano, rap-like vocals. Song in crescendo, different synths instead of the guitars I was hoping to hear. Well, definitely not bad, more like deeply intriguing. Good start.
    Judged By starts on piano again, reminds me to the softer Within Temptation songs (which is good). I like it a lot
    You're On is a bit more poppy, the weaker song so far.
    Notion is a different thing, some weird timing or syncopated drumming patter makes it sound slightly out of ordinary. I love how simple it's instrumentally, and yet it catches your ear instantly.
    Surreal Medley is the best song instrumentally speaking so far. The piano that follows the vocal melody, the acoustic guitars underneath... Great one.
    Coherence is darker and heavier but it didn't catch me as much as the previous ones.
    Cruel All By Myself sounds like a gothic jazz lullaby at the start, then it grows to be one of the deepest songs so far. Very good.
    Run another weird sounding track. I couldn't make out anything special or new from it. It sounded like some 90s Madonna at times, sorry Alvin
    WTF is that at the start of Vilje?!?! Then the piano, bells and guitar start doing an Oriental (somehow between Chinese and Arabic) scale that sets the basis for one of the most interesting vocal deliveries of the album so far. It sounds so weird and different that it goes straight to the top tracks.
    The oriental harmony reminiscence continues in Glitch which is one of the most electronic-oriented songs in the album. I could have done without the electronic vocal treatments but the music was surprisingly nice (I'm usually not a fan of electronic music as you know). The impressive vocal range in "How to stAAAAAAYY" deserves a mention. And HEY HO!! Finally some serious electric guitar at 2:30 The guitarist in me is finally happy hahaha.
    Sequel closes the album in fashion (finally a song without a piano dictating the main chords and melody!). The vocal delivery is sometimes similar to the opening song, very fast wording and doubled vocals.

Top tracks (in no order):
    Surreal Medley
    Notion (just because how weird it is)
    Cruel All By Myself
    Vilje

Overall: nice introduction to a band that seems to have a pretty heterogeneous mix of sounds and song styles. Reminds to many things at once (like a softer version of Within Temptation with some industrial touches) but with a very distinct scent. Will be coming back if only for the pleasure of listening back. I'm also gonna check some of their other albums too. Thanks Alvin!!
    Nice review... btw my favourite track is The Great Escape... maybe give it a more listen? Btw. what do you have with calling everything industrial? lol
  8. I m listening now ...i keep my opinion for the review
  9. Originally posted by Alvin:[..]
    Nice review... btw my favourite track is The Great Escape... maybe give it a more listen? Btw. what do you have with calling everything industrial? lol
    Sergio is industrial.

Quite like what I've heard so far, will post a full review on Sunday. Can't say that I agree on your favourite track though, Alvin. I like the pace of it and loved the piano, but the vocals annoyed me a little when she (don't know the name of the singer) tried to match the tempo if you will. Musically, an interesting start though.
  10. Euzen - Sequel :

I enjoyed it ..they remind me to Björk but less freak ...and i like it . The album is from the best and is turning down to average songs . In the youtube link Vilje dont work

Highlights:

The Great Escape
    Judged By
    You´re on

For me is 6.50/10 , nice surprise

11. "Less freak"