1. didn't it says in the description that there's a big two sided screen running through the whole stage, or something like that?
  2. Originally posted by Bloodraven:didn't it says in the description that there's a big two sided screen running through the whole stage, or something like that?
    I inferred that info from a Ticketmaster Spain press note, but it isn't confirmed.
  3. If the floor is a screen as well, Bono is going to break something again. I guarantee it.
  4. Not a One Direction fan, but jeez that b-stage ends up being pretty cool. Did something similar for Muse too.

5. As for the invisible screen, I'm a fan of the graphics, but not sure how it can be used in it's current configuration, with rear seats sold. A giant screen over the catwalk could be pretty cool (& could help explain the exhorbitant prices of side seats), but I'm in GA, so probably wouldn't see much of the screen, not that I care.
  6. The only problem I have with the San Jose map (other than the fact there's very few rail spots with good views of the main stage, not good for short folk like me), is the position of Red Zone.

No, I don't expect RZ to have the best seats in the house (leave those spots for the GA crazies that are prepared to wait it out). Yes, RZ will have great views when the band uses the b-stage, but I'd be concerned what the view will be like when the band is on the main stage. Those at the front of RZ (when facing the main stage) will be directly behind people towards the back of GA, which may effect their view quite badly. I would have expected the catwalk to be slightly shorter, with the RZ on the far side of the b-stage. This way people in RZ could have uninterrupted views of the main stage, over the top of the b-stage. Similar views to those from outside the b-stages on the Vertigo stadium tour, so slightly better than the outer rail for Elevation & Vertigo arena shows & 360. I guess time will tell, & not too much time now!
  7. Just 39 days guys!
  8. Originally posted by ddarroch:The only problem I have with the San Jose map (other than the fact there's very few rail spots with good views of the main stage, not good for short folk like me), is the position of Red Zone.

No, I don't expect RZ to have the best seats in the house (leave those spots for the GA crazies that are prepared to wait it out). Yes, RZ will have great views when the band uses the b-stage, but I'd be concerned what the view will be like when the band is on the main stage. Those at the front of RZ (when facing the main stage) will be directly behind people towards the back of GA, which may effect their view quite badly. I would have expected the catwalk to be slightly shorter, with the RZ on the far side of the b-stage. This way people in RZ could have uninterrupted views of the main stage, over the top of the b-stage. Similar views to those from outside the b-stages on the Vertigo stadium tour, so slightly better than the outer rail for Elevation & Vertigo arena shows & 360. I guess time will tell, & not too much time now!
    Good points all around. Those who get Red Zone tickets didn't have the best standing spots on the 360 Tour either - they were at the side of the stage. And I hope U2 continues doing things like this; I hate when bands put on ridiculously priced tickets for the so-called golden rings or whatever (aka the first rows in GA). Standard GA price = same chances for everyone. And Red Zone tickets = first row "at times" + not having to wait. It's fine with me.
  9. Yeah, totally agree, the best spots for GA. They are prepared to put the time in, & the heaving mass of energy at the front of GA will definitely invigorate the band more than 50 RZ people would.

But for 360, although the RZ's were side on, they were looking across the catwalk, & past the GA in the inner circle. So for someone on the RZ rail, nobody was in front of them for what, 8 metres (the outer rail, the catwalk, the inner rail)? This gave them a unrestricted view of the main stage (particularly for short people, they won't be looking straight at someone's back/head). All I'm saying is that if RZ is positioned directly behind GA, any short person in the RZ may be stuck looking straight into GA, at somebody's back, when trying to look at the main stage.That 8m of unrestricted viewing makes a big difference, & the views from outside the Vertigo's b-stages were brilliant, even for a short guy like me.

10. lots of good thoughts and stories..... as a GA'er for the first Vancouver show. I just need to know where to run to.!
    ...so the question is how can someone find out where this thing is being built and grab a picture.. wasn't the 360 stage built in holland or denmark?
  11. Originally posted by sholbech22:lots of good thoughts and stories..... as a GA'er for the first Vancouver show. I just need to know where to run to.!
    ...so the question is how can someone find out where this thing is being built and grab a picture.. wasn't the 360 stage built in holland or denmark?
    Belgium!
  12. Originally posted by sholbech22:lots of good thoughts and stories..... as a GA'er for the first Vancouver show. I just need to know where to run to.!
    It was built in Belgium... But The Claw was so incredibly HUGE that it needed a big open space so the operators could rehearse the building/dismantling of the stage for some weeks prior to the tour start.

On the other hand, if the band claimings are true, and just thinking logically, this stage will be much smaller (>arenas instead of stadiums) and simpler (>more intimate approach) than the 360 one, so it doesn't need such a big open space to be built. In fact, the band is probably already rehearsing on the stage in their French studios, inferring from several reports, including Noel Gallagher's.

So I wouldn't count on many pics of the stage to surface prior to the tour. Maybe a pic or two will leak from the rehearsals at the Vancouver arena when the dates come closer, but then again I wouldn't worry: you don't need to know where to run to with 5 weeks anticipation, do you?