1. Anyone have problems opening the digital booklet. I keep getting an error message.
  2. Every Breaking Wave

7.5. Good song, we knew half of it. A little cheesy, though.

Good news: uplifting stuff.
    Bad news: this is probably no second Achtung Baby...
  3. I have to finish my U2 article for Rolling Stone tonight. But I can't write this excited, HOLY FUCK!1

4. "...it certainly does the job it apparently sets out to do, delivering addictive pop rock with hooks, energy, substance and ideas that linger in the mind after you’ve heard them."

I agree with this statement (and most of the review, actually). Frankly, if this is U2's rendition of pop rock, I'll gladly take it.

It's too soon to for me to rank this album since I want to be able to listen to it a bit more, but I would definitely rank this in the top 5, maybe top 3 albums as a whole. There were no songs that I didn't like on the first listen, which would make it one of two albums that I can listen to in full without skipping any tracks. The only other album on that list for me is ATYCLB.
  5. Didn't Bono say it was the first of three?

This is the album HTDAAB was supposed to be.
  6. All lyrics are up on our song pages.

7. I started making the connection right from the start.
  8. The Miracle is fucking amazing, I liked it on first listen, while Get on your boots left me a bit bored in 2009.

And the album definitively sounds a lot more focused, polished and fresh than NLOTH, even though I love it as well.

It's again a new direction, a new experiment in sounds, and damn well pulled off.
  9. Cedarwood Road with that crunchy guitar riff and vocal harmonies. Love it.
  10. Beautiful people, we got dedicated threads for all songs, post your opinions over there
  11. I really enjoy some of the heavier guitar work on this album. Edge is finally on fire I believe.