1. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:Forget this was possible 9 years ago and say Taylor Swift became the first to do the exact same thing today; would it get the same reaction? I'm thinking it would be more of a polite "Thanks honey, but I'll pass" rather than the angry F-off that U2 attracted. As she sings, the haters are always gonna hate and many took umbrage simply because it was U2, or more specifically Bono.
    Oh, absolutely. Had it been (almost) any other mainstream band or artist and the backlash would have been minimal, or inexistent. For sure.
  2. Can't believe this was over 9 years ago. I remember feeling...underwhelmed.

Thank goodness for the I&E Tour, which made me appreciate SOI a little more. But EBW, California, Cedarwood, and Troubles are really the only songs I go back to anymore from this album. I haven't listened to it all the way through in years and don't really feel the need to do so.
  3. I just kept rewinding to listen to The Miracle again and again and didn't realise the album was released until later