1. I think it was a nice touch, but I'm still going to prefer the original to this. Doesn't this version feel a bit more "Irish"? It seems like it to me.
  2. I would love for them to do like they did with Stay, and start it out acoustic, but kick it up to electric after the first chorus!
  3. I hope this song played live is loud and heavy....let the EDGE loose on it. U2 really need a "new" Bullet The Blue Sky in the set list. When Bullet was played it was the centre piece of the show...everything built up to BTBS then calmed down afterwards. Sunday and Bad were used the same way, but BTBS was epic in the set list. I hope Cedarwood Rd can live up to that.
  4. Originally posted by ONZOOSTATION:I hope this song played live is loud and heavy....let the EDGE loose on it. U2 really need a "new" Bullet The Blue Sky in the set list. When Bullet was played it was the centre piece of the show...everything built up to BTBS then calmed down afterwards. Sunday and Bad were used the same way, but BTBS was epic in the set list. I hope Cedarwood Rd can live up to that.

I like your BTBS analysis, but I don't think Cedarwood Road would serve that purpose. And it doesn't have BTBS's space for improvisation and loosing up either, I think. I love Cedarwood Rd. and I think it will be an important piece in the concerts too, (or maybe the closer or the opener) but I don't think it can live up to the high hopes you're putting on it
  5. Great tune,surely a contender for the new setlist,i do the BTBS will be making its return on this tour also.
  6. Still among my 3 favs of the album after all these months. One of their 5 best songs of the new century, no doubt.

Full interview about Cedarwood Road composing, former (worse) lyrics, Edge telling how the song started, Bono speaking about the meaning, etc etc. Fully recommended.

7. 3:58 - 4:20
    I almost came.
  8. I can't imagine how it must be to hear something like that. Still raw, but knowing you've created something great (again). Having an emotion or idea in your head and heart and hearing this as a result. Powerful thing, art.
  9. I sometimes wish I could secretly fly into U2's mixing studio to hear all the gems and incredible mixes we never get to hear... Childish wish, I know, but that mix of Cedarwood Road sounds as promising as the most incredible demo I can think of.
  10. i wonder where songs of innocence was mainly made, in ireland, france or america? does the influence of surrounding make a difference on the album?