1. I don't like it There's just too much going on. I thought the vocals were going to be separate. That's just my opinion though!
  2. The voices tell me to burn things.
  3. Originally posted by LikeASong:This is both sides of the version told at the same time... Interesting experiment in my opinion. Listening with ear/headphones is mandatory since each vocal is panned right/left... Listening on speakers might drive you mad

LOLOLOL

This was my first attempt at making a mix of the two versions. It took me a few plays to decide that it wasn't the direction I wanted to go, but maybe it's those first few plays to make me like it even more...
  4. i actually like both of the vocals going at the same time, i like different parts of each original mix, this one gives me all of them.
  5. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]

LOLOLOL

This was my first attempt at making a mix of the two versions. It took me a few plays to decide that it wasn't the direction I wanted to go, but maybe it's those first few plays to make me like it even more...

Did you correct the speed? One version (the album one I think) runs a 0'95% slower than the other...

Yeah, Im the same as you Andrew! Thanks

PS. hahaha Glenn
  6. Maybe there should be a thread to collect all these mixes?
  7. Originally posted by LikeASong:[..]

Did you correct the speed? One version (the album one I think) runs a 0'95% slower than the other...

Yeah, Im the same as you Andrew! Thanks

PS. hahaha Glenn

I did not correct the speed, so after a few listens I started getting a headache.
    I still consider it to be an interesting musical experience
  8. Instantly caught my attention and gets into your head,feels like AB in a way but the dark content of the lyrics stop me enjoying it to its full potential.Before i truly understood the lyrics i was thinking this as a closing song at the gigs like LIB was on Zoo TV.
  9. Originally posted by kezman:Instantly caught my attention and gets into your head,feels like AB in a way but the dark content of the lyrics stop me enjoying it to its full potential.Before i truly understood the lyrics i was thinking this as a closing song at the gigs like LIB was on Zoo TV.
    +1
    And I like the lyrics of the alternate version better, I can simply digest them better without feeling frustrated after the original song...Which in it self is more artisticly appealing to me

So I go back and forward between both versions
  10. 5 months on, the more I listen the more I think this could be my favorite song off the album. I still like the original version/lyrics best, too, though I think the idea of having two different "perspectives" is genius. The original is just so biting, sarcastic, dark...a "sinister lullaby", as someone else said. The falsetto makes me want MacPhisto to return for the new tour. The line "like St. Francis, covered in light, you're gonna sleep like a baby tonight..." just love it, and love how it leads into Edge's solo at the end.
    Alright I'm done, just listened to this song again and had to share how it's gotten even better over time for me!
  11. Love the song, it's quite sexy ...............