1. A hidden gem on this album imo. Adams bass driving the song, edge not up front in this song but backs it up well, good chorus. Wonder how a live version would’ve gone.
  2. Great song, great energy. Shame they never gave it a chance live.
  3. a truly great song. a favorite of mine from SOI.
  4. I love the subtle background hooooo oooh ooohs in the intro
  5. I adore this song so much. I can't understand why mostly everyone seems to ignore it. It's brilliant, the lyrics, the carefully crafted intro, the unusual harmony change from C#m to C#, Adam's bass (!), Edge's gritty guitar, the contrast between Bono's calm, croony vocals in the verses and the belted-out choruses... Ahhhhhhhhhh so much love for this 5 minutes of music.
  6. Originally posted by LikeASong:I adore this song so much. I can't understand why mostly everyone seems to ignore it. It's brilliant, the lyrics, the carefully crafted intro, the unusual harmony change from C#m to C#, Adam's bass (!), Edge's gritty guitar, the contrast between Bono's calm, croony vocals in the verses and the belted-out choruses... Ahhhhhhhhhh so much love for this 5 minutes of music.
    I’m with you on this. Cracking song and very underrated. Still think it would have made a great encore opener or maybe even just opener in general on I&E.
  7. One of their best from the last 20 years.
  8. A stunning song, underrated and shame this song is never played live.
  9. Love this song. Have had 4:30 - 4:54 of this track as my ring tone for about a year. Man I wish this was played live.
  10. I love this song. I think it’s one of their finest. Adam’s bass is brilliant, but I just listened to it again paid extra attention to the guitar and gotta say Edge has done a terrific job. Particularly during the verses; the tone, the effects and his funky guitar licks are so good. Great song.
  11. I absolutely love this song ,contributes a gread deal to what makes this album a "cinematic" album like they do best, transporting you to their hometown. Works really well, sounds just a bit strange enough to be fresh, and the intro with the seagulls is beautiful.

However, I hate how the ending after the beautiful bridge is just a repeated chorus. Almost kills the song for me, makes it generic. It should have just ended on the bridge, or something new I think
  12. Prob the only tune of SOI that I listen to with any regularity