1. Yea I don't know hoe they would have put together a live effort of the album version of the song. The drums sound electronic and overall the song just sounds like it would be difficult to play in that arrangement. The piano only versions did sound a bit empty to me which at least meant Bono could try to carry it himself which I suppose he mostly did. That Glasgow performance remains the pinnacle of the song though. You would have hoped the band could have got a strings section together for a few shoes on the tour but alas!
  2. I've always felt they made a mistake putting the full band version in the album. The acoustic version is so much more emotional and positively changes the mood of the album.
  3. For me this is one of their top 10 songs. I love this song. It's my most played song of 2021 on Spotify. After every listen I'm still amazed how great it is.
  4. Originally posted by Sydney_MIke:I've always felt they made a mistake putting the full band version in the album. The acoustic version is so much more emotional and positively changes the mood of the album.
    While I enjoy the acoustic version a lot, the album version is the one that got me through my first wife’s death.