1. Apart from this song not being a regular on the tour -- why is this one not a single this summer? To me, it's a perfect summer hit single and very, very radio friendly.
  2. U2 don't release actual singles anymore. Not in America anyway.
  3. I'm still waiting for the alleged release of Song For Someone as their next single. Remember that? They were supposedly filming a video with Woody Harrelson.
  4. U2 haven't got it right since 2004. The NLOTH single release strategy was a car crash and the SOI singles are non-existent.
  5. Originally posted by dieder:Apart from this song not being a regular on the tour -- why is this one not a single this summer? To me, it's a perfect summer hit single and very, very radio friendly.
    I'm actually right there with you on this one. Not my favorite song on the album but it definitely makes you think of summer and would sound fine on the radio!
  6. Originally posted by iTim:U2 haven't got it right since 2004. The NLOTH single release strategy was a car crash and the SOI singles are non-existent.
    You're right on that one too!

They really should have promoted Every Breaking Wave harder...which I know was difficult at the time...but something!
  7. Agreed to the above. (California as single and bad single-choice since 2004)
  8. My blood boils every time I look through a setlist and see that this song hasn't been included (beyond a snippet).

The band is missing a glorious opportunity at a mega (or at the very least a minor) hit!
  9. They have a crummy sense for selecting songs.
  10. Just listened to the deluxe version. It's OH so much better.
  11. It really isn't.