1. Not really no...
  2. This isn't one of my favorites, but it's interesting how it doesn't feel stale to me at all. This is going to be one of those songs that always sounds fresh in my opinion.
  3. I just figured this on guitar and it's really sad they went for such terribly pop-sounding production...

Originally posted by LikeASong:The song is not terrible by itself, but I just totally despise the production. Same lyrics and chords but with a totally different approach would have made a(nother) brilliant song. But not the way it is.

Can't agree more (with myself, but still). Oh well, there's a song for everybody and this ain't mine. But I'll be glad to hear it live, if oyu know what I mean.
  4. I'd like the song more if the intro were instrumental
    That Barbara Santa Barbara chant is atrocious and cringe worthy
  5. Different... Like boom cha I suppose.

6. Absolutely! I hope they scrap them live, although I suspect they'd make them even longer instead haha
  7. Oh god, I can see it as an encore opener
  8. Is it just me or does this song have the same chord progression as Pachelbel's Canon in D at certain parts?

9. Even transposing the key, it doesnt fully fit the Canon's chords, but there are sone ressemblances. Cant rememberfor sure but I think the Canon is D, A, Bm, F#m, G, D, G, A? and the chords I figured out for California are D#, A#, F, Gm.. D#, A#, F, Cm (C major before the chorus). Hard to fit although it could ring a bell, there are similarities indeed many of their songs (and everybody else's) have a similar pattern in common actually.
  10. Damn phone and damn doublke posts

11. Don't forget the infamous I V vi IV