1. Originally posted by bpt3:The song itself has definitely grown on me over the past year, especially since seeing it live...but not sure about this particular video. I like the dark colors, but where's the rest of the band?
    More sure about this video than the Woody Harrelson version...

2. Well it's funny you say that, because I am a journalist and I do have a contact or two within Island...
  3. I must admit this song has become my favourite from the new album. It's amazing how different experiences can mould the perception of a song and become real to you.
  4. love this song, just kills every night as does ALL of the new material which I never would have expected. Now, this new video does absolutely nothing for me with this song. I don't know why, but the directors of videos today all seem to want to do something, like they are more focused on creating something themselves rather than serve the actual song....almost like they already have this idea for a video and now just need to find a song that comes close to fitting their own idea. The I&E concert visuals of Cedar wood, Iris and SFS combined with the band just playing and singing are the best videos this band has produced since maybe the previous century?
  5. Maybe the guys made Bono film the video because they had to do the AIDS Day concert without him! haha
  6. Mark this with a large and very red circle
  7. Originally posted by iTim:[YouTube Video]

‘Don’t let it go out…’ Illustrator and photographer Matt Mahurin directs this visual meditation on 'Song For Someone', from U2’s latest album Songs of Innocence.

Dont work for me
  8. Yeah, you'd think the rest of the band could've been in it. As it stands, it's a decent video.
  9. At first I thought the younger fella with the big coat and long hair, scrambling around in the desert, was meant to be JT-era Bono...
  10. I really like this new video because it highlights the spiritual nature of this song. The young guy scrambling in the desert could very well be JT-era Bono, but it could also be symbolic of the 40 years spent wandering in the desert as written in the Old Testament.
  11. The video is so much better than the song.