1. Originally posted by Macphistfly:What saddens me more, is that the band I love are going to lambast my political views and those of millions of other U2 fans.
    How do you think an assault on Trump will go down in Michigan, or PA, or Texas?

    Here's your answer, NOT. WELL.
    I don't know about that. We will have to see I guess but I just don't see U2 fans being a fan of Trump's tactics. I'm not saying anything about his politics. He hasn't even really said anything on his politics. haha
  2. Originally posted by Macphistfly:What saddens me more, is that the band I love are going to lambast my political views and those of millions of other U2 fans.
    How do you think an assault on Trump will go down in Michigan, or PA, or Texas?

    Here's your answer, NOT. WELL.


    I'd be surprised if any Trump supporters would be at a U2 show.
  3. Originally posted by Macphistfly:What saddens me more, is that the band I love are going to lambast my political views and those of millions of other U2 fans.
    How do you think an assault on Trump will go down in Michigan, or PA, or Texas?

    Here's your answer, NOT. WELL.


    Well... they went down pretty well on original JT tour when they were assaulting Reagan, and then on Zoo TV when they took their stabs at Bush. Most reasonable people can take it with a grain of salt and enjoy the music. Not everybody has to agree on the same issues and they unite in music and those who agree with the banter in between cheer, and those that dont go buy a beer or take a piss.
  4. Originally posted by Macphistfly:What saddens me more, is that the band I love are going to lambast my political views and those of millions of other U2 fans.
    How do you think an assault on Trump will go down in Michigan, or PA, or Texas?

    Here's your answer, NOT. WELL.
    Well, in your defense, I'm totally sure that Macphisto would've supported 100% Trump, so at least your username is consistent
  5. If I recall, Joshua Tree as an album was a complete assault on American politics at the time and now it's one of their most revered works. U2 will be just fine firing shots at Trump. Besides, what the worst he can do? Launch an assault from the Twittersphere?

    @realdonaldtrump
    Concerts should be a safe space! Shame on @U2! #Apologize!
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:If I recall, Joshua Tree as an album was a complete assault on American politics at the time and now it's one of their most revered works. U2 will be just fine firing shots at Trump. Besides, what the worst he can do? Launch an assault from the Twittersphere?

    [..]
    It is funny because I don't see the album as that at all. I guess it is because I picked it up so much later in life. Obviously Bullet and Mothers but it always look for the political undertones and never see it. I find it very interesting.
  7. The Wikipedia article on The Joshua Tree actually describes this pretty well. Most recently I heard Bono talking about it during his Charlie Rose interview.
  8. Originally posted by kris_smith87:[..]
    It is funny because I don't see the album as that at all. I guess it is because I picked it up so much later in life. Obviously Bullet and Mothers but it always look for the political undertones and never see it. I find it very interesting.
    I dont think most people care or even think of politics when they think of The Joshua Tree. 90% of the people are wanting to hears those songs or re-live memories. The other 10% are probably kids. I know I could care less and their rants didnt make any difference anyway.
  9. Originally posted by Macphistfly:What saddens me more, is that the band I love are going to lambast my political views and those of millions of other U2 fans.
    How do you think an assault on Trump will go down in Michigan, or PA, or Texas?

    Here's your answer, NOT. WELL.


    Change your political views

    Just kidding. Or not so much Just let's try not to turn this into a Politics Thread #2 pls
  10. Let's hope. Even though Bono is never that reliable when it comes to album release predictions, it would be pretty sad if they released a video on Christmas Day 2016 reassuring us that "Songs of Experience" is coming...but then had to make another video Christmas 2017 to remind us of the same thing.

    I know they are getting older, but man would I love for a surprise album release again this spring/summer and then a new leg of I & E already this fall. If they already get their touring mojo back with the JT shows, why not keep the momentum going?
If all of our active forum posters would donate € 0,50 a year, we could pay all our hosting and storage bills without personal funding. Learn more