1. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    That screams of self importance from U2. Like the world has to hear what U2 say on their new album that will probably come out long after the dust settles on whatever narrative they want to preach. I call bullshit. The songs are there and they are in the studio mixing it and overproducing it beyond recognition.
    Spot on....JT tour is most likely a diversion and a contractual obligation for something live ths year with Live Nation. I'm beginning to think they should just do an REM and finish up in the next couple years
  2. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    That screams of self importance from U2. Like the world has to hear what U2 say on their new album that will probably come out long after the dust settles on whatever narrative they want to preach. I call bullshit. The songs are there and they are in the studio mixing it and overproducing it beyond recognition.

Bring on ATYCLB 2 yeeeeehhhhh

3. Actually this is probably one of the best U2 songs ever.....you and many people will like this one, probably the highlight of the new album and I can see U2 playing this one often! Trust me I know what I'm saying....
  4. Originally posted by nunomoreira1:[..]

Actually this is probably one of the best U2 songs ever.....you and many people will like this one, probably the highlight of the new album and I can see U2 playing this one often! Trust me I know what I'm saying....
    Teasing others is no fun, minho amigo!
  5. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]

Agree 100% - they are overthinking and doubting themselves yet again, and probably protecting their egos from having a new album be the cornerstone for a new tour...touring the JT tree is a guarantee hit. I'm SO excited for this new tour, but if this is the new reality for this band...time to start thinking of packing it up before retreating to the past becomes their safe place. I wish they would forget about "relevance" and make the music they want to make...it seems at this point in their life they should be confident and mature enough to do that (like Bowie was late in life).
  6. Originally posted by germcevoy:[..]
    That screams of self importance from U2 Bono. Like the world has to hear what U2 say on their new album that will probably come out long after the dust settles on whatever narrative they want to preach. I call bullshit. The songs are there and they are in the studio mixing it and overproducing it beyond recognition.

Fixed that for ya. Seriously though, I agree, but I also wouldn't it past Bono to walk into the studio the day after the election and say "we have to change the narrative" while the rest of the band groans. I'm all for U2 being political, it's their schtick, but only when it's a benefit to the music, not the purpose of it or to change what's already existing to be more...more....what's that word again, Bono?
  7. Just read on Google about album delay, I'm kinda getting sick of this Shit.
  8. Yeah, take away health insurance from the poor and let Russia blackmail you for the next 4 years, fine, but delay a U2 album? How dare you?
    (just kidding)
  9. Album is totally not coming this year, or 2018 or even 2019, maybe 2020. But SoE might as well be scrapped. SoE is slowly suffering the same fate as SoA, I don't care anymore. I got Star Wars every year.
  10. Besides, I don't know what this waiting will achieve. All of a sudden the songs will change their meaning? A good album should transcend their era and aspire to become universal and atemporal. If you try to tie it to the zeitgeist it will sound obsolete in 2 years.