1. I also hope that Bono steps out of auto-pilot mode in his lyrics. That means, I hope he offers more than Bono-isms like
    Love is the best thing
    Love is the sweetest thing
    Love conquers all
    Surrender to love
    etc.

and offers us something more original
  2. Originally posted by cesar_garza01:I also hope that Bono steps out of auto-pilot mode in his lyrics. That means, I hope he offers more than Bono-isms like
    Love is the best thing
    Love is the sweetest thing
    Love conquers all
    Surrender to love
    etc.

and offers us something more original
    Love is all we have left
  3. That may be true. But I need full band U2 music, not mediocre shitty collaborations. And I don't write-off You’re The Best Thing (About Me). I like the lyrics. Maybe the full band version is awesome.
  4. Exactly, rinse and repeat.

I mean, he had the perfect relation since he was 17, but he's capable of writing songs about love from a different perspective, not just lovey-dovey. I want to see more of that.
  5. He writes from a different perspective:
    You’re the best thing about me
    The best thing that ever happened to a boy
    I’m the kind of trouble that you enjoy
    The best things are easy to destroy
    Saved me from myself
  6. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    After that catastrophic disaster they have to make some drastic changes to their album delivery system.

I want Bono to break into my house and slide the new album under my pillow while I'm sleeping.

That is so damn creepy.
    Please wake me up Bono.
  7. Originally posted by Koos1984:He writes from a different perspective:
    Saved me from myself
    I'm sorry, but I don't see anything different there.

Ali/Love is the best thing ever and she/it saves me.

Same thing about Sweetest Thing/Window in the Skies/Mercy

There are other songs about betrayal or toxic relations (So Cruel), about relationships that end (Love Is Blindness). That's what I meant about variety.
  8. Originally posted by Koos1984:He writes from a different perspective:
    Saved me from myself
    To me this still sounds like it's inspired by Ali...

Also, while I acknowledge Cesar's point above and wouldn't say these are Bono's best lyrics by a long shot, I always appreciate the tension of sorts that he expresses even in what might otherwise be a more straightforward "love song." In this case, lines like "the best things are easy to destroy" and "why am I walking away?"

Anyway...I'm certainly in the minority, it looks like, with still wanting an official release of this song (also maybe with loving the idea of Kendrick Lamar appearing on SOE as U2's guest this time - I am loving "XXX" and the whole "DAMN." album. It's brilliant.) Why not an album that includes both the likes of "The Little Things" and "The Best Thing"?
  9. He should write more in the third person. Cedars Of Lebanon is amazing. Or at least write as a different person than himself...
  10. Ok. I understand you César.

The catastrophic disaster of the delivery system of SOI was that the apple fanboy U2 haters could not delete it from their Itunes.
  11. Originally posted by ahn1991:[..]
    After that catastrophic disaster they have to make some drastic changes to their album delivery system.

I want Bono to break into my house and slide the new album under my pillow while I'm sleeping.

Bono right now...