1. Almost 10 mil views
  2. Exactly my point. Not just U2 for that matter though... Tedder is definitely on to something.
  3. Artists are making a lot of money off of advertising from YouTube and the internet wherever; people can see your video instantly and it can GO VIRAL; and this to me seems very relevant to the times
  4. I'm not into this idea, I think there's something great about listening to an album, for the first time especially, from start to finishing. Getting 10-12 new songs all at once. I know the u2 process seems to take forever at times and songs may be overproduced but I'd still rather than than a bunch of stand alone tracks getting put together at the end of the year.
  5. Songs Of Experience to be a OneRepublic album, producers: U2
  6. Originally posted by deanallison:[..]
    I'm not into this idea, I think there's something great about listening to an album, for the first time especially, from start to finishing. Getting 10-12 new songs all at once. I know the u2 process seems to take forever at times and songs may be overproduced but I'd still rather than than a bunch of stand alone tracks getting put together at the end of the year.
    Then start worrying about relevance. (or should I say, who you are trying to be relevant for) And if you're worried about what you recorded over a year ago being dated now, than push yourself. All I'm saying. I'm an old school fan. I'm not going anywhere. I mean shit, I'd still rather flip a record halfway through... I'll find beauty and relevance in anything you release. But, if you're trying to kindle flames with the new generation... it's all about clicks and what's next on autoplay...
  7. It's true. Plus there are always the best of 2000-2010 and 2010-2020
  8. I still love best of 80-90 and 90-2000
  9. Originally posted by blueeyedboy:[..]
    Then start worrying about relevance. (or should I say, who you are trying to be relevant for) And if you're worried about what you recorded over a year ago being dated now, than push yourself. All I'm saying. I'm an old school fan. I'm not going anywhere. I mean shit, I'd still rather flip a record halfway through... I'll find beauty and relevance in anything you release. But, if you're trying to kindle flames with the new generation... it's all about clicks and what's next on autoplay...
    P.S. - Devoted fans are the same no matter what the topic. Favorite band or favorite sporting team. We've dedicated enough of ourselves to the cause, we have the right to share our foolhardy opinions, too!

For instance... Steve Lillywhite should be the only one to sit behind the production console from here on in... sometimes to reinvent the wheel, you've gotta go full circle!

10. Top google search.... google is relevant.
  11. Interesting. New material from bands is always nice, even just singles or standalone tracks, but albums are almost like a work of art. The flow is very deliberate and each track is meant to be heard in the context of the rest.

I don't think U2 will be doing what OneRepublic is doing, but who knows.